Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Selecting the default cruise setting

Author
ckurz7000
Too Much Forum (64K reputation)Too Much Forum (64K reputation)Too Much Forum (64K reputation)Too Much Forum (64K reputation)Too Much Forum (64K reputation)Too Much Forum (64K reputation)Too Much Forum (64K reputation)Too Much Forum (64K reputation)Too Much Forum (64K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
In SD (on the iPad), whenever I create a new route and go to the Flight Details tab, I have to change the cruise setting. In my aircraft profile I have defined different power settings for cruise (100%, 75%, 65% and 55%). Usually I fly with 65% power, but the 100% profile will always be selected by default.

Regarding power settings I have two questions:

(1) How do I delete a power setting?
(2) How do I specify a power setting as the default setting?

Thanks, -- Chris.

efrenken
efrenken
Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)
Chris,

(1) In the aircraft library under 'power settings' swipe from right to left over the appropriate setting
(2) Dunno

Regards
Eric
ckurz7000
ckurz7000
Too Much Forum (64K reputation)Too Much Forum (64K reputation)Too Much Forum (64K reputation)Too Much Forum (64K reputation)Too Much Forum (64K reputation)Too Much Forum (64K reputation)Too Much Forum (64K reputation)Too Much Forum (64K reputation)Too Much Forum (64K reputation)
Thanks, Eric.

I wonder if Tim is going to comment on the second question.

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (621K reputation)SkyDemon Team (621K reputation)SkyDemon Team (621K reputation)SkyDemon Team (621K reputation)SkyDemon Team (621K reputation)SkyDemon Team (621K reputation)SkyDemon Team (621K reputation)SkyDemon Team (621K reputation)SkyDemon Team (621K reputation)
There certainly isn't a way of specifying a default cruise profile. I expect SkyDemon simply selects the first one in the list.
ckurz7000
ckurz7000
Good to know. So you simply put the profile used most frequently in the first position.

-- Chris.
dh
dh
Too Much Forum (150 reputation)Too Much Forum (150 reputation)Too Much Forum (150 reputation)Too Much Forum (150 reputation)Too Much Forum (150 reputation)Too Much Forum (150 reputation)Too Much Forum (150 reputation)Too Much Forum (150 reputation)Too Much Forum (150 reputation)
I have an entry for my aircraft in the Aircraft Library on my PC version of SD.
W‌hen I transfer a route via the cloud to my iPad version of SD I always get a message saying: at least one of the power settings specified on your route do not match up with the power settings on the selected aircraft.
H‌ow do I fix this?
Sky Painter
Sky Painter
Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)
dh - 9/21/2017 12:47:14 PM
W‌hen I transfer a route via the cloud to my iPad version of SD I always get a message saying: at least one of the power settings specified on your route do not match up with the power settings on the selected aircraft.
H‌ow do I fix this?

It usually means that your Aircraft Profile on your iPad differs in some way to your Aircraft Profile on your PC. Load your Aircraft Profile on your PC, check that all the parameters are correct, making any changes that are necessary, and save it to the Cloud. You can also save it locally if you wish. Then open the offending route on your PC, check that all the route parameters are correct, making any changes that are necessary, and save it to the Cloud. You can also save it locally if you wish. Then download the Aircraft Profile from the Cloud to your iPad. Finally, download the route from the Cloud to your iPad and everything should be OK.

Mike
, SD 3.16.12.0

PeterGristwood
PeterGristwood
Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)
Tim Dawson - 8/19/2015 9:19:29 AM
There certainly isn't a way of specifying a default cruise profile. I expect SkyDemon simply selects the first one in the list.

Tim

I‌ raised this very question when one of your developers attended one of our Strut meetings. He said he was going to take it back to look at it and let me know if it was feasible.

I‌ would support this as an enhancment‌‌

dh
dh
Too Much Forum (150 reputation)Too Much Forum (150 reputation)Too Much Forum (150 reputation)Too Much Forum (150 reputation)Too Much Forum (150 reputation)Too Much Forum (150 reputation)Too Much Forum (150 reputation)Too Much Forum (150 reputation)Too Much Forum (150 reputation)
Sky Painter - 9/21/2017 1:24:34 PM
dh - 9/21/2017 12:47:14 PM
H‌ow do I fix this?

It usually means that your Aircraft Profile on your iPad differs in some way to your Aircraft Profile on your PC. Load your Aircraft Profile on your PC, check that all the parameters are correct, making any changes that are necessary, and save it to the Cloud. You can also save it locally if you wish. Then open the offending route on your PC, check that all the route parameters are correct, making any changes that are necessary, and save it to the Cloud. You can also save it locally if you wish. Then download the Aircraft Profile from the Cloud to your iPad. Finally, download the route from the Cloud to your iPad and everything should be OK.

The two profiles have seemingly identical information. H‌owever, I did as you suggested but no joy.  

‌I then attempted to delete all of the profiles on the iPad (no indication of how to do that - needed to look on the forum) - but you cant delete the last one.  I then downloaded the aircraft from the cloud to the iPad again and hey presto - no error message.  My attempted deletion seemed to fix it.

‌It is not obvious what is going on behind the scenes here.  There was obviously a conflict between the info on the PC and the info on the iPad but it is not obvious which profile SD chooses in the end.  Which library? The iPad library or the PC library?

‌T‌here seems to be a small buglet in there somewhere or at least a confusing operation but I am fixed for the moment.

T‌hanks for your help.
D‌.‌

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (621K reputation)SkyDemon Team (621K reputation)SkyDemon Team (621K reputation)SkyDemon Team (621K reputation)SkyDemon Team (621K reputation)SkyDemon Team (621K reputation)SkyDemon Team (621K reputation)SkyDemon Team (621K reputation)SkyDemon Team (621K reputation)
There really isn't a better way to handle this, if the user has made a change to their aircraft profile since saving a route (which includes the profile). Should we use the one that's part of the stored route, or the latest profile as defined on the device? All we can reasonably do is alert the user that there's a difference and let them sort it out. For us to attempt to sort it out ourselves would introduce an unacceptable unknown into the equation. The cloud is a red herring; it's just a way of transferring/storing aircraft profiles.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search