Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Suggestions of the day

Author
A
Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi SD-team,

1‌. Just like there is a default flight level for a given airplane profile, could there be a default cruise power setting which is not the first one in the list?
‌I store them by increasing altitude and power setting, ie the top of the list is the lowest altitude at lowest power. I don't usually plan for 2000ft/55%, but I still want to have it stored as it is a diversion/economy setting.

2‌. Corollary idea, could the power setting to the alternate be set independently from the cruise‌ setting?

‌3. Could you ‌split the distance into great circle distance and as-planned distance?
To get an idea of a route's overhead.

4. Let's say I plan a multi-leg trip, say ESMK-EDBX-EDWO, a typical scenic tour with a lunch and coffee in the middle. I first put in this route, set an altitude of maybe 2500ft (which is not the plane's default), the corresponding power setting (not default either), and then long-press or right-click EDBX and select "land here". Today the 2nd leg EDBX-EDWO goes back to the plane's default level and power setting. What I would like instead is that the two half legs both inherit the non-default settings I have previously input. If I did not change from the defaults, then default it is.

5. When sending in an ATS flightplan, the FPCs expect coordinates as 5517N01444E, yet the pilot log shows them as N551712 E0144455.
‌‌
While 2 and 3 are more comfort ideas, 1 is a pain in the neck and 4 and 5 would be really nice.
‌‌
T‌hat's it for today. T‌hank you.
A‌rnaud‌‌‌
Edited 9/4/2017 9:58:22 AM by ArnaudC
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)
Hi Arnaud

1. We have plans to change the way cruise profiles work by adding specific results for different altitudes into the same power setting. It shouldn't be necessary to have different entries for the same power setting, as it is now, for different altitudes. Because of these future plans we don't want to make a default cruise altitude option at the moment.

2. This adds a level of complexity to the product we are not happy with. At the moment SkyDemon assumes you'll be using the most economical power setting for flying your alternate leg if it becomes necessary, for the fuel consumption.

3. If lots of others ask for this, maybe

4. Yes, good point, we will implement this.

5. If you file a flightplan with SkyDemon all coordinates are converted to ICAO compliant format as you gave in an example. I don't know why you're reading coordinates from the PLOG and expecting them to be in ICAO flightplan format; there's no reason they should be.

ArnaudC
A
Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)
1. OK, I will wait and see what you come up with.
2‌. On Windows, the diversion is clearly shown at the cruise setting, only holds are made at most economical setting. On my iPhone, only fuel consumption is shown, not flow rate.
3‌. OK
4‌. Thank you.
5‌. Because I don't file flight-plans directly from within SD. My local FPC offers a very good and free service.‌

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)
There's nothing to stop you opening the flightplan form on SkyDemon to copy the information out of it. Everything will be formatted exactly as it needs to be for a flightplan form then.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search