Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Austrian Airspace Data @ LOWS *completely* wrong?!

Author
Daniel_KDF
Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Dear Skydemon-Team,

I‌ am not sure if I am missing something here. I thought with the monthly AIRAC cycle updates, Skydemon airspace data could be well trusted. ‌‌
N‌ow I just updated my Windows and Android Austrian charts and even restarted the software, but Skydemon is showing the invalid, old airspace structure.
https://www.austrocontrol.at/jart/prj3/austro_control/data/dokumente/LO_SUP_2017_06_en_2017-07-21_1107812.pdf
The airspaces, which are valid in the area Salzburg with effect from20 JUL 2017 are depicted on page 2 of this AIP SUP. ‌‌‌

C‌ould you please verify and comment? Thank you very much indeed.‌

‌Austrocontrol:

S‌kydemon @ August 7th, 2017:

Edited 8/7/2017 7:37:29 PM by Daniel_KDF
Gerhard66
G
Too Much Forum (4.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.9K reputation)
Same website, different page, contrary information:

https://eaip.austrocontrol.at/lo/170721/Charts/LOWS/LO_AD_2_LOWS_24-9_en.pdf

Two contrary charts seem to be officially published by austrocontrol.

It's holiday season...the Austrocontrol expert is on holiday and the work is done by the apprentice boy.

:-)
Gerhard

Daniel_KDF
Daniel_KDF
Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)
Gerhard, I think this is some outdated version, the airspace changed with the latest AIRAC cycle 2017-07-20.
B‌ut it might be due to the apprentice boy that you could still find the wrong chart.

H‌ere is the full ICAO Austrian map for the latest AIRAC - still warm as it was printed today:
https://www.austrocontrol.at/piloten/vor_dem_flug/aim_produkte/luftfahrtkarte_-_icao_1500_000
(click on version 2 map at the bottom of the page - posting the direct link in this forum does not work)
(‌Aeronautical_Chart_ICAO_2017_front_v2.0_2017-08-07_1108377.pdf)
Edited 8/7/2017 9:12:51 PM by Daniel_KDF
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)
Austrian airspace has NOT changed in the AIRAC cycle.

Austrocontrol in their wisdom have attempted to change a lot of controlled airspace in a SUP issued without any notice, contrary to international procedures in this regard. Virtually no digital aeronautical databases and certainly no printed ICAO charts will therefore reflect these "changes".

A‌ccording to standard procedures SkyDemon's charts will update when changes become effective in the standard, permanent AIP. Any temporary changes advertised through NOTAM and AIP SUP are of course available in SkyDemon for reading.‌ ‌‌
Gerhard66
G
Too Much Forum (4.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.9K reputation)
.... or apprentice girl. (just to avoid gender-based discrimination)

Daniel_KDF
Daniel_KDF
Thank you Tim for the clarification!
T‌his is a very unfortunate situation for the skydemon user.‌
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)
I think it's unfortunate for every single pilot flying in Austria, no matter what map or system they use.
Daniel_KDF
Daniel_KDF
Tim Dawson - 8/10/2017 2:17:22 PM
I think it's unfortunate for every single pilot flying in Austria, no matter what map or system they use.

Well, it depends:
I‌ do use XCSoar for gliding. There I can just download and install any available OpenAir airspace file, like the already updated free data from openflightmap.org.
S‌eeYou (Naviter.com) has also already (manually) updated their airspace data, so all their customers can see the right airspace structure.

‌‌This is a serious change in airspace structure and even if Austrocontrol messed it up, I would love to see Skydemon find a solution for their customers...

Gerhard66
G
Tim, as a temporary workaround, it would be satisfactory for me to have the new chart available as a georeferenced overlay in the same way as the approach charts are implemented.

Europa XS
Europa XS
Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)
Hi Guys,
I‌ see also the problem in that case. Maybe AustroControl does not follow the correct procedure, but the published changes of the controlled air space of LOWS are significantly. Not to follow that new airspace structure can end in critical situations and violations of controlled airspace with all its consequences. AND by the way, EasyVFR has already updated their charts!!!
k‌r

H‌oerbi‌
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search