Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Ilevil

Author
leviltec
Too Much Forum (248 reputation)Too Much Forum (248 reputation)Too Much Forum (248 reputation)Too Much Forum (248 reputation)Too Much Forum (248 reputation)Too Much Forum (248 reputation)Too Much Forum (248 reputation)Too Much Forum (248 reputation)Too Much Forum (248 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello!

This Discussion was forwarded to me by an SD and iLevil user. I want to clarify few things about the iLevil, maybe SD will reconsider integration into their App. 

- iLevil is compatible with FLARM! All our units act as a WiFi port for other hardware in the cockpit, so if you have FLARM installed, all you have to do is plug the serial output into the iLevil and it gets transmitted over WiFi. If SD has the capability to read FLARM, then you'll have traffic from both sources (ADS-B and FLARM)

- The iLevil is compatible with ADS-B in/out. Same deal with the FLARM, the user Oliver Voigt who bought the TM250, could have used an iLevil instead. The iLevil outputs GPS data to the Mode-S transponder to make it ADS-B out compatible, and receive FLARM info to be displayed on the tablet, along with the PFD and ADS-B in.

- Levil Aviation is going to AERO 2016! For the first time we will have a booth to ourselves (B2-114) and will be demoing the iLevil series at the show. This is the year for us to expand and would love to have SD on board with us.

Just like SkyDemon, Levil was a pioneer in making great technology accessible to pilots using tablets. I would love to be as popular in Europe as you want us to be. But we really depend on App developers because you are the face of all the data that we stream. I really believe our customers will benefit from us working together and shaping the next generation cockpit. 

Ananda Leon.
General Manager
Levil Aviation

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)
SkyDemon is already compatible with FLARM, so if the iLevil device can truly act as a WiFi hotspot just like the Air Connect device that FLARM usually use, and transmit with the FLARM protocol, then it will "just work".

Good news that you're going to be at Aero. Let's have lunch and talk.
ZorgroZ
ZorgroZ
Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)
Can anyone confirm that iLevil (with Flarm input) works in conjunction with Skydemon on the iPad (i.e., GPS works, both Flarm and ADS-B traffic shows up)? I have an older model iLevel and am thinking of upgrading to the latest one if it plays well with Flarm and Skydemon.

Ananda, would you be able to support your claims with a demo video? I'm sure that a lot of fellow SD users would be highly interested in such a solution!

Cheers
Edited 4/3/2016 9:38:07 PM by ZorgroZ
leviltec
leviltec
Too Much Forum (248 reputation)Too Much Forum (248 reputation)Too Much Forum (248 reputation)Too Much Forum (248 reputation)Too Much Forum (248 reputation)Too Much Forum (248 reputation)Too Much Forum (248 reputation)Too Much Forum (248 reputation)Too Much Forum (248 reputation)
Can anyone confirm that iLevil (with Flarm input) works in conjunction with Skydemon on the iPad?
Not yet! There needs to be some work done by Skydemon. The iLevil channels the FLARM data over WiFi but it is a little different that the AirConnect. Port numbers may differ and protocols.. but nothing too complicated. See you at the show!

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)
Ananda, please get in touch via email so we can arrange a time to meet at the show, if you wouldn't mind.

micb
micb
Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)
Chicken and egg really - which needs to come first? people buying the gear or software that supports it? I second Ananda's point and for one, would love to see iLevil and ADS-B / AHRS support in SkyDemo. I have no issues buying the device once that's available - I understand that the post doesn't bring anything into the discussion other than yet another voice saying go for it SD Smile

MicB
iPhone 6S+, iPad Mini4 LTE, BadElf GPS Pro, RamAir mounts

nicoglider
nicoglider
Too Much Forum (680 reputation)Too Much Forum (680 reputation)Too Much Forum (680 reputation)Too Much Forum (680 reputation)Too Much Forum (680 reputation)Too Much Forum (680 reputation)Too Much Forum (680 reputation)Too Much Forum (680 reputation)Too Much Forum (680 reputation)
SmileWe are now several Skydemon users to use also Ilevil !!! We look forward to the compatibility of both systems !! Ilevil teams tell us to be ready to collaborate with Skydemon !! When can we use the 2 ????
‌---
‌Nous sommes maintenant plusieurs utilisateurs de skydemon à utiliser aussi Ilevil !!! Nous attendons avec impatience la compatibilité des 2 systèmes!! Les équipes de Ilevil nous indiquent être prêt à une collaboration avec Skydemon!! Quand pourrons nous utiliser les 2 ????
ckurz7000
ckurz7000
Too Much Forum (63K reputation)Too Much Forum (63K reputation)Too Much Forum (63K reputation)Too Much Forum (63K reputation)Too Much Forum (63K reputation)Too Much Forum (63K reputation)Too Much Forum (63K reputation)Too Much Forum (63K reputation)Too Much Forum (63K reputation)
nicoglider - 11/24/2016 7:49:47 AM
SmileWe are now several Skydemon users to use also Ilevil !!! We look forward to the compatibility of both systems !! Ilevil teams tell us to be ready to collaborate with Skydemon !! When can we use the 2 ????
‌---
‌Nous sommes maintenant plusieurs utilisateurs de skydemon à utiliser aussi Ilevil !!! Nous attendons avec impatience la compatibilité des 2 systèmes!! Les équipes de Ilevil nous indiquent être prêt à une collaboration avec Skydemon!! Quand pourrons nous utiliser les 2 ????

Tu veux dire que les deux ne sont pas compatibles? Après avoir lu les derniers messages j'ai l'impression qu' iLevil et SD communiquent par WiFi et que ça marche, n'est-ce pas?

Are you saying that the two are incompatible? Reading the previous posts I get the impressions that they both communicate via Wifi.

-- Chris.‌‌

nicoglider
nicoglider
Too Much Forum (680 reputation)Too Much Forum (680 reputation)Too Much Forum (680 reputation)Too Much Forum (680 reputation)Too Much Forum (680 reputation)Too Much Forum (680 reputation)Too Much Forum (680 reputation)Too Much Forum (680 reputation)Too Much Forum (680 reputation)
In the menu: Settings -> Connectivity options, there is no "Ilevil" !!!
‌---
‌Dans le menu : Réglages -> Options de connectivité, il n'y a pas "Ilevil" !!!
nicoglider
nicoglider
When I chose in "connectivity option" -> GLD90 and after connecting ilevil to wifi, I "boot" -> USE GDL90. There is a message that appears: "the connection to your GPS has been lost" within 3 seconds! Do you have an idea for a good functioning ???
‌--- 
‌Lorsque que je choisi dans "option de connectivité" -> GLD90 et après avoir connecté ilevil en wifi, je fais "démarrer" - > USE GDL90. Il y a un message qui apparait :" la connection à votre GPS a été perdu " dans les 3 secondes !!! Avez vous une idée pour un bon fonctionnement???

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search