Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

DFS AIP download

Author
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (636K reputation)SkyDemon Team (636K reputation)SkyDemon Team (636K reputation)SkyDemon Team (636K reputation)SkyDemon Team (636K reputation)SkyDemon Team (636K reputation)SkyDemon Team (636K reputation)SkyDemon Team (636K reputation)SkyDemon Team (636K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi, somebody gave us exact steps to reproduce this problem and today we managed to do so. We have fixed it. The fix was server-side, so you should see it right away, after you've downloaded all the plates that you need.
Yakmarcus
Yakmarcus
Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)
Ok. Thanks for trying to help me.
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (636K reputation)SkyDemon Team (636K reputation)SkyDemon Team (636K reputation)SkyDemon Team (636K reputation)SkyDemon Team (636K reputation)SkyDemon Team (636K reputation)SkyDemon Team (636K reputation)SkyDemon Team (636K reputation)SkyDemon Team (636K reputation)
I have run out of ways of asking you for more detail. Please contact our technical support, preferably by telephone, so you can talk this through with them.
Yakmarcus
Yakmarcus
Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)
Tim,
I have one:
Tools
Download
"Download All"...
Marcus
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson

Yakmarcus there is no option "All" under the Tools menu. That is why I haven't been able to follow your suggestions. I really need exact steps otherwise I cannot see the bug, and if I cannot see it, I have no way of knowing why it's happening on your device or how to fix it. I need every step you take, in detail, what you expect to see and what you actually see. Preferably from a fresh start of the SkyDemon software.

Alternatively you could telephone our support department and talk them through it (next week when we're back from Air Expo France).

lorikeet
lorikeet
Too Much Forum (105 reputation)Too Much Forum (105 reputation)Too Much Forum (105 reputation)Too Much Forum (105 reputation)Too Much Forum (105 reputation)Too Much Forum (105 reputation)Too Much Forum (105 reputation)Too Much Forum (105 reputation)Too Much Forum (105 reputation)
I can confirm this behaviour.

All plated of the AIP or DFS VFR are downloaded initially and are showing with a green background during the planning. After one goes offline to go flying the plates of the planned route are still available. but plates from other airports cannot be accessed. The problem is that this is random. Sometimes in flight all plates are available, sometimes they aren't. I was CO on a flight yesterday and my iPad had all the plates, while the Pilots iPad didn't show them after take-off. On the ground, being online again, both iPads had all plates available, without having to download them again.

This is quite a severe bug. I'd like to be on the safe side in case I have to land somewhere else due to weather.

Yakmarcus
Yakmarcus
Now, when I go offline for 1 second or so,all plates are back and shown at the
Document Browser again !!???
Yakmarcus
Yakmarcus
I download "All" and "DFS German VFR AIP". When I want to update the plates, I do the Downloads again.
Then all the Plates from the Download "DFS German VFR AIP" are no longer on my device.

once again, this is what I do...
BerndHS
BerndHS
Too Much Forum (3.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.7K reputation)
Mhhhh... that's weird. Can't reproduce the error any more on any of my devices (all android). I swear that it was there yesterday at least on my mobile phone. Don't know what happened... for the time being everything works as expected...
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
Guys, I need exact steps to reproduce this otherwise I cannot help.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search