Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Belgium AIP, just 8 aerodromes??

Author
Danny
Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I have downloaded the Belgium AIP on my pc and tablet (--> all plates are Downloaded)
Now i just see 8 aerodromes. EBAW, EBBR, EBCI, EBGB, EBKT, EBLG, ELLX and ABOS.
Not the other aerodromes, e.g. Spa, EBSP.
When i click on the Spa aerodrome on my pc, it says: There are no plates available for this specified airfield.

The Belgium AIP is free, so why can't i see the other plates?

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)
If you look at the Belgian AIP you will see that they publish separate documents for only seven airfields.
Danny
Danny
Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)
Thanks Tim for your fast reply.
When i look at the AIP: http://www.belgocontrol.be/website/eaip/eAIP_Main/html/index-en-GB.html
Part 3, I see 50+ aerodromes and the approach charts.

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)
Unfortunately that is not the same international AIP they license to third parties through the Eurocontrol PAMS system. In that AIP, all the "smaller" airfield details are grouped together into one page in the non-aerodrome-specific part of the AIP which you can find in the SkyDemon document browser.
DirDej
DirDej
Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)
Danny,

except for the main airfields, I don't see any graphic charts for say Saint Hubert or others, just textual info.
Danny
Danny

Sorry you are right.
I was just looking at SPA, EBSP, because i was there and could not load the VAC.
It has a Visual Approach Chart in the AIP ;-) That's probably the only one from the smaller airfields.
I hope SD can use this chart as VAC.

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
There is no VAC published for EBSP by Belgium in their international AIP distribution. If you have a contact within Belgian AIP perhaps you could ask them the reason for this, as if they wanted to, they could publish it and then we'd be able to include it for you.
Danny
Danny

I have no answer from Belgocontrol / AIP production yet.

I see the EBGB / Grimbergen VAC in Skydemon, but is has no blue map-marker (will not overlay the plate onto the map itself).
When i look at the Belgium AIP in Skydemon:  
Aerodrome / AD2 PVT Private Aerodromes: 
I see the approach charts from EBGB Grimbergen en EBSP Spa

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
The VAC for EBGB is of poor quality and that is probably why we have not georeferenced it.
Interesting that the private airfields document contains a chart for EBSP. This is not straightforward for us to georeference but we may do so in the future.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search