Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

skydemon and FSX

Author
Peter22
Too Much Forum (180 reputation)Too Much Forum (180 reputation)Too Much Forum (180 reputation)Too Much Forum (180 reputation)Too Much Forum (180 reputation)Too Much Forum (180 reputation)Too Much Forum (180 reputation)Too Much Forum (180 reputation)Too Much Forum (180 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
HI guys planning to purchase the Skydemon I need to know is there is possible to use skydemon and FSX in the same computer just using a second monitor...I have see many post connecting via external devises but in my case I have FSX and Skydemon in the same computer will that be possible?....talking to use FSX and be able to see my aircraft on the skydemon map. ( I am using the free version for now until I make sure it works with my FSX ..windows 7)
Thanks
Peter 

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (618K reputation)SkyDemon Team (618K reputation)SkyDemon Team (618K reputation)SkyDemon Team (618K reputation)SkyDemon Team (618K reputation)SkyDemon Team (618K reputation)SkyDemon Team (618K reputation)SkyDemon Team (618K reputation)SkyDemon Team (618K reputation)
It should do, but we can't confirm for sure. You can try it with the free trial.
G-OIBM
G-OIBM
Too Much Forum (9.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.4K reputation)
Hi,

This can be done quite easily (I had this set up before I went wireless to my iPad mini).

There is a whole thread on this in the forums (search fsx).

Basically 2 programmes are required:

1.  Fsx2NMEA (to get Fsx to output the data into a format that Skydemon can read)
2.  FSUIPC - a fsx AddIn that configures the ports used to transmit the data used by Fsx2NMEA

I can't remember the settings (as I've changed them for my wirless iPad mini), but these are discussed in the fsx thread I mentioned earlier.

Hugh

Regards

Hugh

G-OIBM

Commander 114
SteveN
SteveN
Too Much Forum (2.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.7K reputation)
I have found FlightsimGPS also works.

FlightsimGPS

It broadcasts so any Skydemon tablet on the same wifi network will also follow FSX if set to X-plane mode.

Edited 10/23/2014 8:57:10 PM by SteveN
optimvs
optimvs
Too Much Forum (99 reputation)Too Much Forum (99 reputation)Too Much Forum (99 reputation)Too Much Forum (99 reputation)Too Much Forum (99 reputation)Too Much Forum (99 reputation)Too Much Forum (99 reputation)Too Much Forum (99 reputation)Too Much Forum (99 reputation)
G-OIBM - 10/8/2014 9:01:12 PM
Hi,

This can be done quite easily (I had this set up before I went wireless to my iPad mini).

There is a whole thread on this in the forums (search fsx).

Basically 2 programmes are required:

1.  Fsx2NMEA (to get Fsx to output the data into a format that Skydemon can read)
2.  FSUIPC - a fsx AddIn that configures the ports used to transmit the data used by Fsx2NMEA

I can't remember the settings (as I've changed them for my wirless iPad mini), but these are discussed in the fsx thread I mentioned earlier.

Hugh

Good morning SteveN,
just I am trying to open Skydemon and FSX in same computer. 
I am not begginer with computers, and I already was able to engage XPlane with Skydemon in same computer.
B‌ut still I cannot do with FSX. I have hardly long tested with FSUPIC and HW-VSP3, even with FSX2Skydemon. No luck.
I already notice there is some software named FSX2NMEA, but I cannot find out nowhere.
Can you please just advice about or provide a link for the ‌FSX2NMEA?
T‌hank you in advance.
o‌ptimvs

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search