SkyDemon Forums

skydemon and FSX

http://forums.skydemon.aero/Topic13484.aspx

By Peter22 - 10/6/2014 5:59:45 PM

HI guys planning to purchase the Skydemon I need to know is there is possible to use skydemon and FSX in the same computer just using a second monitor...I have see many post connecting via external devises but in my case I have FSX and Skydemon in the same computer will that be possible?....talking to use FSX and be able to see my aircraft on the skydemon map. ( I am using the free version for now until I make sure it works with my FSX ..windows 7)
Thanks
Peter 
By optimvs - 3/12/2018 11:23:48 AM

G-OIBM - 10/8/2014 9:01:12 PM
Hi,

This can be done quite easily (I had this set up before I went wireless to my iPad mini).

There is a whole thread on this in the forums (search fsx).

Basically 2 programmes are required:

1.  Fsx2NMEA (to get Fsx to output the data into a format that Skydemon can read)
2.  FSUIPC - a fsx AddIn that configures the ports used to transmit the data used by Fsx2NMEA

I can't remember the settings (as I've changed them for my wirless iPad mini), but these are discussed in the fsx thread I mentioned earlier.

Hugh

Good morning SteveN,
just I am trying to open Skydemon and FSX in same computer. 
I am not begginer with computers, and I already was able to engage XPlane with Skydemon in same computer.
B‌ut still I cannot do with FSX. I have hardly long tested with FSUPIC and HW-VSP3, even with FSX2Skydemon. No luck.
I already notice there is some software named FSX2NMEA, but I cannot find out nowhere.
Can you please just advice about or provide a link for the ‌FSX2NMEA?
T‌hank you in advance.
o‌ptimvs