Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

C172M

Author
screetch82
Too Much Forum (10K reputation)Too Much Forum (10K reputation)Too Much Forum (10K reputation)Too Much Forum (10K reputation)Too Much Forum (10K reputation)Too Much Forum (10K reputation)Too Much Forum (10K reputation)Too Much Forum (10K reputation)Too Much Forum (10K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
hi

see the attached aircraft file. How many of you are using and setting up files?

Feel free to test and all comments are welcome.

I would appreciate holding fuel usage figures

screetch82
screetch82
Too Much Forum (10K reputation)Too Much Forum (10K reputation)Too Much Forum (10K reputation)Too Much Forum (10K reputation)Too Much Forum (10K reputation)Too Much Forum (10K reputation)Too Much Forum (10K reputation)Too Much Forum (10K reputation)Too Much Forum (10K reputation)
in order to download the file 

(1) sign in the forum 

(2) clicking on the file select "save target as".

(3)For me it wanted to save it as an xml file.

(4) Start Skydemon -->Data-->Aircraft -->Import-->Browse to the file

tidderae
tidderae
Too Much Forum (248 reputation)Too Much Forum (248 reputation)Too Much Forum (248 reputation)Too Much Forum (248 reputation)Too Much Forum (248 reputation)Too Much Forum (248 reputation)Too Much Forum (248 reputation)Too Much Forum (248 reputation)Too Much Forum (248 reputation)
Hi Screech,

Just running the demo version of SkyDemon and very impressed. I own and fly Cessna 172N with long range tanks. Tried sorting out the weight and balance in the program and got a bit confused. Checked the forum and note you have aircraft files for 172N. Tried to download but the Mozilla crashes every time. I am running Vista Home Premium on an HP Pavilion Laptop, any ideas how I can access your files

Thanks

Tony
screetch82
screetch82
Hi

i also have firefox. Once you are logged into the forum just left click on the file and it will ask you

where you want to save it. But it in the skydemon folder. When you Started skydemon go to

"Data" --> "aircraft" -->"import" and browse to the downloaded file.

If you still got issues give me your email and I will email it to you.

However you may still want to double check that the weight and balance, and COG is close to your aircraft

Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)
Hi,

How does the 172M vary from the 172N? I can't find details of the 172N on the forum, or the PA28-161 either. I'm surprised as both of these are very common aircraft. Maybe I'm not looking in the right place?

Thanks

Flybynight

screetch82
screetch82
Hi well the N is newer than the M. However check your POH for full details. I have not altered the Aircraft file to suit the new options you get in SD V2.0 yet.

You can assume the weight and balance is roughly the same and will give you a good starting point for the aircraft you fly.

I use the file I have posted and then modify for each specific aircraft that I fly. Just rename it to the callsign of the aircraft so you alsways pick the correct one.

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search