Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

LOVING THE NEW UPDATES

Author
captain solo
Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Really like the new ruler - not an original idea I believe but nicely improved as it doesnt vanish like others do when you let go of the screen. Believe that all the plates can now be downloaded and stored so that no internet access is required.

Good effort team.....
Runways
Runways
Too Much Forum (36K reputation)Too Much Forum (36K reputation)Too Much Forum (36K reputation)Too Much Forum (36K reputation)Too Much Forum (36K reputation)Too Much Forum (36K reputation)Too Much Forum (36K reputation)Too Much Forum (36K reputation)Too Much Forum (36K reputation)
The accurate scalability (if that is a real word) in the left lower corner is a very nice out of the way addition. Whatever happened to the localiser needle vanishing at 500 ft? I have not seen it for a good few months now and do miss it.

Very Newbytheway

DurhamTeaseAirport
G-OIBM
G-OIBM
Too Much Forum (9.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.4K reputation)
I'm probably missing something on how to operate the geo-referenced plates.

Flew with the new software today on my iPad and can only get the airfield plates to geo-reference; I couldn't get any of the approach plates (NDB ILS etc..) to geo-reference, so am I doing something wrong, or was it the intention not to geo-reference the approach plates, and if so, I can't really see the benefit of geo-referencing just the airfield plate.

Anyone else experienced the same issue?

Hugh

Regards

Hugh

G-OIBM

Commander 114
Biggles-EGKB
Biggles-EGKB
Too Much Forum (9K reputation)Too Much Forum (9K reputation)Too Much Forum (9K reputation)Too Much Forum (9K reputation)Too Much Forum (9K reputation)Too Much Forum (9K reputation)Too Much Forum (9K reputation)Too Much Forum (9K reputation)Too Much Forum (9K reputation)
I've posted this elsewhere but seems more appropriate here.

For over a year now I have been running SD on an original iPad and enjoying the benefits of such a good piece of software.

However, I'm now using the latest version of the iPad SD (late Dec release) on the same iPad with iOS 5.1.1 and have found that the SD software constantly crashes out on me. I've tried this on the ground and in air, only to find the same results. Whether I'm in plan mode or GPS navigation mode, it just keeps on happening!

I've restarted the iPad, shutdown all other apps -- all to no avail. On today's flight in MVFR the longest that I managed to keep SD running in Navigation Mode was about 5 minutes and the shortest time was 15 seconds. According to the logs I have about 20 flights logged, mainly from "unknown to "unknown" , as I tried to restart SD in mid flight.

SD is a fantastic piece of software but I'm not able to rely on this latest iPad release whereas in the previous version I may have experienced a crash on the odd occasion and was happy to live with that.

I'm thinking about purchasing the iPad mini but will be putting that on hold and returning to the Navsgo as my main SD device. What a shame as SD and iPad ae made for each other.

Is anybody else experiencing the same problems?

Biggles -- EGKB
Tags
Edited 1/4/2013 7:45:37 PM by Biggles-EGKB
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (618K reputation)SkyDemon Team (618K reputation)SkyDemon Team (618K reputation)SkyDemon Team (618K reputation)SkyDemon Team (618K reputation)SkyDemon Team (618K reputation)SkyDemon Team (618K reputation)SkyDemon Team (618K reputation)SkyDemon Team (618K reputation)
A few people have experienced a regression in stability in the latest 2.5 version for iPad. We believe we've located the cause of this, and rectified it for the 2.5.1 release later in January.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search