Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Total Trip Planning

Author
Bouwair
Too Much Forum (3.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.8K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Tim that would be a good idea to set it up in different sectors. Where as you plan the route you chose where to brake the route into sectors.
In the Plog you only see the sector information.
The only problem is how to print the different sectors. A suggestion could be to choose a sector and then print the sector, than choose another sector, print it
and so on

grt
Freerk
Bouwair
Bouwair
Too Much Forum (3.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.8K reputation)
Hello Tim

any news on this topic?

grts
Freerk Bouwer
Steve Turnbull
Steve Turnbull
Too Much Forum (898 reputation)Too Much Forum (898 reputation)Too Much Forum (898 reputation)Too Much Forum (898 reputation)Too Much Forum (898 reputation)Too Much Forum (898 reputation)Too Much Forum (898 reputation)Too Much Forum (898 reputation)Too Much Forum (898 reputation)
I'm another who would like this feature.

I've just spent the past 6 days on Fly UK and it would've been great to be able to plan a day's flying as a single route and split it into sectors to allow for fuel stops whilst planning.

It would also be handy to be able to select a waypoint in the air and change it to a landing point, presumably splitting the track into a sector?

If I am flying a 3hr leg, I may choose to divert en route due to weather or just for a break. I can add a waypoint and insert it en route, but I can't select it as a place to stop, just an overhead waypoint.

Cheers

Steve
Edited 6/21/2013 10:01:57 AM by Steve Turnbull
mbenoit
mbenoit
Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)
Also interested by this feature...
rosdol
rosdol
Too Much Forum (7.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.4K reputation)
also very interestred in planning a route with multiple sectors divided by fuel stops

br

Erik
ckurz7000
ckurz7000
Too Much Forum (64K reputation)Too Much Forum (64K reputation)Too Much Forum (64K reputation)Too Much Forum (64K reputation)Too Much Forum (64K reputation)Too Much Forum (64K reputation)Too Much Forum (64K reputation)Too Much Forum (64K reputation)Too Much Forum (64K reputation)
I frequently plan a trip that's longer than one tank. I would like SD to be able to show me the entire route, beginning to end, with proper fuel and time planning. So I would like to be able to specify two additional items for each waypoint on a route: fuel added and time spent on the ground.

-- Chris.
DavidHarington
DavidHarington
Too Much Forum (523 reputation)Too Much Forum (523 reputation)Too Much Forum (523 reputation)Too Much Forum (523 reputation)Too Much Forum (523 reputation)Too Much Forum (523 reputation)Too Much Forum (523 reputation)Too Much Forum (523 reputation)Too Much Forum (523 reputation)
I too would like to see this feature. Even though I am a new pilot and my routes are quite simple, it would be a great help.
ckurz7000
ckurz7000
Too Much Forum (64K reputation)Too Much Forum (64K reputation)Too Much Forum (64K reputation)Too Much Forum (64K reputation)Too Much Forum (64K reputation)Too Much Forum (64K reputation)Too Much Forum (64K reputation)Too Much Forum (64K reputation)Too Much Forum (64K reputation)
Tim, what say you? There have now been numerous requests for this function on this and other threads. Would that be enough to put the issue on the feature list of one of the upcoming releases?

-- Chris.
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
It's something we're still considering. It's probably one of the features we don't have which is requested most often, but the points against it are also strong, in that it would require significant development investment and would complicate the product.
ckurz7000
ckurz7000
Hi Tim,

just thought I'd give you a few ideas from a user's point of view on what the added functionality should encompass.

For each waypoint in a route I would like to be able to designate it as an "overfly" (that's the default) or "landing" waypoint. It would be nice if the "landing" waypoints were shown in a different color so that they stand out easily when viewing a long route.

For each "landing" waypoing I would like to be able to specify the amount of fuel upon departure as well as the time spent on ground. These pieces of information should, of course, be carried over into the subsequent route calculations (ETA, weight and balance, etc.)

To access the additional information for each waypoint I think it would be easiest to do a "long tap" on it, which already brings up a waypoint information window which then incorporates the additional data items.

Greetings, -- Chris.
Edited 6/11/2014 3:48:38 PM by ckurz7000
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search