Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

AFTN Addresses of alternate airfields in flight plan do not appear in the SkyDemon generated FPL...

AFTN Addresses of alternate airfields in flight plan do not appear in...
Author
jonroberts
Too Much Forum (1.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.9K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Not sure if this is a bug (ie working as designed) or I'm doing something wrong, but if I generate a flight plan that crosses an FIR boundary (France in this case) and add in two alternate airfields, the SkyDemon PC application does not add the AFTN addresses of the alternates into the address list the FPL is sent to. At least I don't see it in the 'Addresses' list when I look at it after entering the alternates and pressing the "Addressing..." button.

The same routing when entered using AFPex includes the alternate airfield identifiers in its address list.

For example, in SD I plan EGSG->LFOP routing DCT DET DCT LYD DCT KUNAV DCT DPE DCT. Alternates are LFAB and EGMD

The automatic address list is : EGSGZTZX EGZYVFRT LFOPZPZX LFOPZTZX LFQQZPZX LFFFZFZX

Planning the same in AFPex gives an address list of : EGZYVFRT EGSGZTZX LFOPZTZX LFFFZFZX LFQQZPZX LFABZTZX EGMDZTZX

You can see the alternates that SD is missing.

Now, on a PC I can manually add these in - although really SD should be adding them for me - but on the iPad and Silverlight/Browser based applications we don't have the option to display or edit the address list.

So if you are only using the iPad or Browser apps to file your FPLs, then your alternate airfields will have no knowledge of your FPL, since they don't seem to be on the transmission list. Not ideal if you have to use the alternate for a diversion.

Anybody else seen this, or am I not doing something right ??

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)
It is not usual practice to send copies of flightplans to aerodromes that are only listed as your alternate.
jonroberts
jonroberts
Too Much Forum (1.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.9K reputation)
Hi Tim,

Thanks for the reply. It's unclear to me whether the alternate airfields should be included in the AFTN address list or not - I couldn't find any specifics in the CAA CAP694.

My point was that AFPex does include them, and since that is supposed to be our 'official' method of filing here in the UK, it might be considered authoritive.

J.
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)
We do not necessarily consider AFPEx something whose behaviour should be copied. I do not believe it is any more "official" than SkyDemon.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search