Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Embedded plates in the moving map

Author
JJ
Too Much Forum (520 reputation)Too Much Forum (520 reputation)Too Much Forum (520 reputation)Too Much Forum (520 reputation)Too Much Forum (520 reputation)Too Much Forum (520 reputation)Too Much Forum (520 reputation)Too Much Forum (520 reputation)Too Much Forum (520 reputation)
Group: Forum Members

Hi,

I just bought SkyDemon with navigation for my iPad and first thing I have to say is:it’s a really great piece of Software!!! So please keep it up BigGrin

As I had some other air navigation software before, the only thing I really miss are the plates and approach charts embedded in the moving map of the flight mode. In Germany we have a lot of “Visual Operation Charts” for the smaller Airfields to know where the pattern path should be. Also for some British Airports (e.g. Shobdon), it would be great to have the noise abatement chart embedded in the map and fly directly along the path.

Would it be possible to have the plates directly shown on the map in flight mode, when selected?

Cheers

Jan

Edited 9/2/2012 10:03:38 PM by JJ
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
We call this feature georeferenced plates, and I can confirm that it is in development. No timescale though, sorry, though we do have working prototypes.
Runways
Runways
Too Much Forum (36K reputation)Too Much Forum (36K reputation)Too Much Forum (36K reputation)Too Much Forum (36K reputation)Too Much Forum (36K reputation)Too Much Forum (36K reputation)Too Much Forum (36K reputation)Too Much Forum (36K reputation)Too Much Forum (36K reputation)
That is a good piece of news Tim, which also indicates you've got your fingers on the pulse all the time. In this case can we keep the topicality current by removing announcements of past events such as "Meet us This Weekend" and replace them with something like "coming-up' or "in the pipe-line"?
Thanks

Very Newbytheway

DurhamTeaseAirport
Edited 9/5/2012 1:39:01 PM by Runways
ckurz7000
ckurz7000
Too Much Forum (64K reputation)Too Much Forum (64K reputation)Too Much Forum (64K reputation)Too Much Forum (64K reputation)Too Much Forum (64K reputation)Too Much Forum (64K reputation)Too Much Forum (64K reputation)Too Much Forum (64K reputation)Too Much Forum (64K reputation)
Very good news, Tim. I would have bet that this is not in the cards because of the manual intervention required to georeference all plates. How do you do it, btw?

Thanks again, -- Chris.
JJ
JJ
Too Much Forum (520 reputation)Too Much Forum (520 reputation)Too Much Forum (520 reputation)Too Much Forum (520 reputation)Too Much Forum (520 reputation)Too Much Forum (520 reputation)Too Much Forum (520 reputation)Too Much Forum (520 reputation)Too Much Forum (520 reputation)

Oh,

That soundsgreat. BigGrin

I think a lot users are interested in those plates. And I personally think some of themwould be quite happy to help you with the manual work, ifrequired.

Cheers

Jan

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search