Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Landscape PLOG changes

Author
crackle
Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Since the last update, I've found that when printing out the PLOG in A4 landscape format to use an an A5 kneeboard, the hieght of each row in the PLOG is significantly increased, and that pushes the frequencies onto a second page, which is always a problem in the air. It would be helpful to have a "fit to 1 page" button, as juggling pages in the air is an unnecessary distraction.

Meanwhile I'm using the 2-per page option in portrait format, but that renders the text very small and would be unreadable in any turbulence.

Thanks again for a brilliant piece of work, and especially for all your efforts in helping deal with the current restrictions.

Christopher
Smokey
Smokey
Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)
Good evening,

Yes I too recently uploaded version 2.4 but have only now had time to plan a route!! and like you found the changes to the PLOG a retrograde step in that the Frequencies spill over onto a second page. Cockpit managment is crucial, particularly in turbulent or less than perfect weather (which we have been having recently) and having an extra page to contend with doesn't help. I prefered the previous lay-out which I found worked very well and was easy to use. All the necessary information was there with space for in-flight notes (squawks; ASR settings etc.) Incidentally I use the A4 landscape version every time.

Keep up the good work, overall, an excelent piece of kit.

Thank you

Smokey
Charlieflyer
Charlieflyer
Too Much Forum (796 reputation)Too Much Forum (796 reputation)Too Much Forum (796 reputation)Too Much Forum (796 reputation)Too Much Forum (796 reputation)Too Much Forum (796 reputation)Too Much Forum (796 reputation)Too Much Forum (796 reputation)Too Much Forum (796 reputation)
It would be good if you could select the ones that you want to use in flight, and only these print out.
Runways
Runways
Too Much Forum (36K reputation)Too Much Forum (36K reputation)Too Much Forum (36K reputation)Too Much Forum (36K reputation)Too Much Forum (36K reputation)Too Much Forum (36K reputation)Too Much Forum (36K reputation)Too Much Forum (36K reputation)Too Much Forum (36K reputation)
Amen. A very good idea.

Very Newbytheway

DurhamTeaseAirport
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)
Have you tried the latest beta? Some work was done on helping the PLOG to fit better on all sorts of different paper sizes.
crackle
crackle
Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)
Hi Tim

The beta seems to have much better automated control of the row height, and will solve the problem I raised in this thread.

Thanks again.

Christopher
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search