Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Scratchpad

Author
freddie0509
Too Much Forum (955 reputation)Too Much Forum (955 reputation)Too Much Forum (955 reputation)Too Much Forum (955 reputation)Too Much Forum (955 reputation)Too Much Forum (955 reputation)Too Much Forum (955 reputation)Too Much Forum (955 reputation)Too Much Forum (955 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Could i suggest that the scratchpad be accessed whilst in navigation mode by a single click to facilitate quick switching when taking radio calls. Perhaps a seperate tab. anyone else have an opinion on this one.
Colin Bond
Colin Bond
Too Much Forum (9.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.3K reputation)
Agree, with the "current location" still visible at the top of the display.
Colin Bond
Colin Bond
Too Much Forum (9.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.3K reputation)
Tim, any comment on this idea please? It has been mentioned in a couple of threads, but I have missed any response. (Another advantage is that it would be available all the time, not just when you are in navigate or simulate mode.)

Thanks.
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)
Unless we can get rid of something else to make room for a new scratchpad button, we're not currently willing to add it to the top-level display. We do have some changes planned for the future but for the time being we're happy with the two touches required to bring it up.
Colin Bond
Colin Bond
Tim, that is a shame, because I would suggest that the scratchpad is one of the major 'facilities' that can be used not only in flight, but also before and after, for notes, clearances, and ATC details. In my view, NOTAMs, TAFs and Flight Details are essential, but not as necessary when in flight, so could be allocated a 'top bar' button, or be accessed by two touches to bring any of them up. However, I am but one voice, so await your planned changes for the future.

Regardless, though, if the '6 boxes with in flight details' and 'current position' were available on the scratchpad, that would be most useful.

Despite my reluctant acceptance, SD still remains outstanding.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search