Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Flightplan status and RMK

Author
GeKaiser
Too Much Forum (6.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.7K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I just tested the Flightplan filing for the first time in the last days - very convenient feature!

But there are two things, what I'd like to see improved:
- I couldn't find any update status of the flightplan on my account's website. We closed it via Radio/FIS but after landing status on the web was still "filed".
- I got a complain from austrocontrol that they don't want to see "RMK/SENT BY SKYDEMON IPAD" again - How can I avoid this for future plans?

Anybody having the same problems?

regards
Georg
IR-novice
IR-novice
Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)
No such thing as the status of an VFR flight plan. It's more like an email (like an old telex), once you've sent it it's gone. It's not really saved anywhere, and no flags exist for filed/open/closed. You "closing it" mean the arrival airport sends an ARRIVAL message back to the departure airport (i.e., they know no S&R is required). It's all fire and forget.
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)
We are not notified when your plan is closed so we cannot report that information to you. You are free to modify most of the automatically-generated flightplan fields before you file if you wish, including the mention of the software that created the plan.
GeKaiser
GeKaiser
Too Much Forum (6.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.7K reputation)
Dear Tim,

thank you for your answer!

You are right: I can delete the "RMK/SENT BY SKYDEMON....." in the PC/Desktop Version of SD.

But it seems as if the Ipad Version add this RMK "silent", because it's not visible anywhere - only in your confirmation mail.
Or is this a handling problem?

regards
Georg

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)
You'll find that in the most recent version there's no silent addition of anything and you can alter the output if you wish.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search