Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

QDM & QDR -- For selected target

Author
Biggles-EGKB
Too Much Forum (9.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.1K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
When selecting any target on the iPad map SD gives 2 sections of data WAYPOINTS & INFORMATION. It would be extremely helpful to add to the INFORMATION section the QDR and/or QDM with DME range from/to the selected target. Thoughts?

Biggles -- EGKB
Edited 3/21/2012 8:44:21 PM by Biggles-EGKB
Biggles-EGKB
Biggles-EGKB
Too Much Forum (9.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.1K reputation)
I can see that this idea wasn't well recieved by others.

Pity, always useful to know where you are relative to fixed reporting points even when they aren't in you planned flight, often helps with controllers when they want to know you location against their chosen reference point.

I also find it useful when position fixing with 2 VOR's. I know you have SD indicating your exact position on the moving map -- but that's not the point (according to the CAA)

Biggles -- EGKB
Edited 3/27/2012 7:54:21 PM by Biggles-EGKB
Flylogical
Flylogical
Too Much Forum (2.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.4K reputation)
At least for planning purposes (ie.., rather than real-time nav), I've built a free web app that allows you to determine radials etc via a GoogleMaps surface, then export to SkyDemon via GPX file by email. See recent post for more information. Feel free to contact me for info on how to work with radials on the web app.
Sky Painter
Sky Painter
Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)
Biggles-EGKB (20/03/2012)
When selecting any target on the iPad map SD gives 2 sections of data WAYPOINTS & INFORMATION. It would be extremely helpful to add to the INFORMATION section the QDR and/or QDM with DME range from/to the selected target. Thoughts?

I have only just found this post in the forum. I have yet to go SD Mobile (see below - waiting for Android!) but what an excellent suggestion. It gets my vote, as long as it's carried forward to Android in due course!!!!

Mike
, SD 3.16.12.0

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)
I think we did actually add this information into the latest version of SkyDemon. It should already be there.
Biggles-EGKB
Biggles-EGKB
I've had a quick look at the information presented on selecting a target on the PC when running in simulation mode using the latest BETA VERSION. If the information is there then I cannot immediately find it. Perhaps a section called "TARGET NAV INFO" which gives the DME & QDM/QDR would make it easier to find.

In the meantime if you could advise where this info is available in the WINCE, PC and iPad version(s), that would be great.

Biggles -- EGKB
Edited 6/15/2012 10:37:23 AM by Biggles-EGKB
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)
It's only in the iPad version. There isn't as much space available to us in the Mobile version so we haven't simply duplicated the feature.
Biggles-EGKB
Biggles-EGKB
I've found the section in iPad version. Many thanks for including it.

Biggles -- EGKB
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search