Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Longitude and Latitude Format in Google Maps and SD

Author
nwhite007
Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi could anyone help me with waypoints, I am trying to create some waypoints but when drilling down to a house or building in google maps to find it the co-ordinates given (Format) are different to those required for sky demon, so if i try to put them in when creating a waypoint it wont accept them, I must be missing something but cant work out what. I have a few waypionts saved from earlier versions of SD and the format for those 00******* the google co-ordinates dont have this 00, I have tried to put it in but this fails also?

Can anyone help please?

Nigel
nje
nje
Too Much Forum (44K reputation)Too Much Forum (44K reputation)Too Much Forum (44K reputation)Too Much Forum (44K reputation)Too Much Forum (44K reputation)Too Much Forum (44K reputation)Too Much Forum (44K reputation)Too Much Forum (44K reputation)Too Much Forum (44K reputation)
Nigel, Don't worry about the difference just do the following and it will work fine.

When in Google put your cursor over the location you want to use and then right click, a list will appear. Click on 'What's here'

you will then see the co-ordinates in the Google Address bar top left of screen. Just copy it (highlight>CTRL C) and then go back to skydemon.

Just right click on the chart at any location and choose ' Create user waypoint' give it a name and then paste the google co-ordinates into the 'positon line (CTRL V)

Your new waypoint will automatically position itself over your chosen location on the chart.

Hope this helps
nwhite007
nwhite007
Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)
nje many thanks for the reply, did what you suggested and it worked perfect thanks so all good.

Nigel
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search