Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Adding airfields

Author
AnglianAV8R
Too Much Forum (8.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.9K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Just a thought.... There are airstrips that don't show on the charts that I'd like to add.  May I suggest that a green circle be a symbol option on the waypoints menu and the name default to the same green when entered.

SD and a cheap Chinese satnav = Jobzagoodun.
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
You can add airfields in their own right (not as user waypoints) with the included Data Creator tool. Go to Setup -> Create Custom Data to get started.
AnglianAV8R
AnglianAV8R
Too Much Forum (8.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.9K reputation)
Well, you live & learn.

I shall have a ferkle about and give it a try.

Thanks Tim w00t

hughmurray
hughmurray
Too Much Forum (571 reputation)Too Much Forum (571 reputation)Too Much Forum (571 reputation)Too Much Forum (571 reputation)Too Much Forum (571 reputation)Too Much Forum (571 reputation)Too Much Forum (571 reputation)Too Much Forum (571 reputation)Too Much Forum (571 reputation)
Tim,

I successfully created an airfield some months ago at Knettishall (shown on half mil chart as five nm NE of RAF Honnington) but it did not synchronise to my Mobile SD. I worked around this by cutting and pasting the file directly on to the mobile device and now it works fine. Is there a simpler way of doing this?

Also, the runway dimensions (the actual characters) are shown inverted on my plate. How can I correct this?

Hugh

Hugh Murray

PPL and member of Arrow Syndicate G-AYAC
johnofyork
johnofyork
Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)
Is there any way to modify/update existing airfields?

Also having problems setting up new airfields, pasting location from Google (decimal), can anyone confirm how this should be entered in custom data (N53.836728 -0.997653) ? Thanks
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
Custom data, including airfields, isn't synced automatically to a device. We leave this to users who are creating such data to do themselves.

You can't change the airfields that are part of the standard SkyDemon charts; if you have extra information or corrections to give us please get in touch by email.
AnglianAV8R
AnglianAV8R
I've managed to create custom airfields onto my netbook which I use for planning. How do I sync them onto my GPS thingumy ?

MarkH
MarkH
Too Much Forum (451 reputation)Too Much Forum (451 reputation)Too Much Forum (451 reputation)Too Much Forum (451 reputation)Too Much Forum (451 reputation)Too Much Forum (451 reputation)Too Much Forum (451 reputation)Too Much Forum (451 reputation)Too Much Forum (451 reputation)
I second the suggestion for an ipad forum section.

Re Airfields - I would like to be able to add airfields (I have a database of over 700 airfields/farm strips in the UK - many of which are not depicted in Skydemon) and perhaps to add information to existing airfield data. With the latest version of SD for ipad I could add these as waypoints but am I likely to lose all these on the next version amendment?

In addition I have found that some airfield data is missing from the SD charts - ie Strubby (N Lincs) no radio frequency (I had to revert to a paper CAA chart to find it)

Mark H
AnglianAV8R
AnglianAV8R
Airfields are added as custom data and I have just checked my charts after doing the update. The custom data is not lost when updating.

I'd be interested to have a custom data sharing type facility on the forum. Just need to agree formats.

dripsy55
d
Too Much Forum (83 reputation)Too Much Forum (83 reputation)Too Much Forum (83 reputation)Too Much Forum (83 reputation)Too Much Forum (83 reputation)Too Much Forum (83 reputation)Too Much Forum (83 reputation)Too Much Forum (83 reputation)Too Much Forum (83 reputation)
AnglianAV8R - 3/8/2012 1:39:04 PM
Airfields are added as custom data and I have just checked my charts after doing the update. The custom data is not lost when updating.

I'd be interested to have a custom data sharing type facility on the forum. Just need to agree formats.

Hi All
M‌y first post.
M‌y home airfield is not on skydemon.
I am just on a 30 day trial run at the minute, just finding my way around.
I‌ took the advice above,
D‌ata creator Tool
G‌o to set up
C‌reate custom data
G‌ot as far as airfields, then a blank page.
W‌hat do i do from here
T‌hanks

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search