Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Australia

Author
alexAUS
Too Much Forum (133 reputation)Too Much Forum (133 reputation)Too Much Forum (133 reputation)Too Much Forum (133 reputation)Too Much Forum (133 reputation)Too Much Forum (133 reputation)Too Much Forum (133 reputation)Too Much Forum (133 reputation)Too Much Forum (133 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Great to see AUS Charts in the system.

Just wondering, are there any features that are not supported for AUS (e.g. lodge flight plan, NOTAM, Weather, etc)

Thanks.
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
From memory, I don't think our charts have ground transportation on them, and we currently do not offer any airfield plates for Australia.
sarge88cube
sarge88cube
Too Much Forum (465 reputation)Too Much Forum (465 reputation)Too Much Forum (465 reputation)Too Much Forum (465 reputation)Too Much Forum (465 reputation)Too Much Forum (465 reputation)Too Much Forum (465 reputation)Too Much Forum (465 reputation)Too Much Forum (465 reputation)
Does one have access to ERSA with this system and the ERC low chart with freq changes for all areas does this appear on the map as we move. This info is not on the paper maps lat time I bought some, had to be done manually. The aviation software people in Australia sorry to say have dropped the ball (android) and now there is Sky Demon. Well done so far. Barry
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
Enroute frequencies aren't displayed on our charts, but are definitely part of our data so should be displayed in the Pilot Log and in the Radio screen during flight. If you're not seeing them could you be specific and let us know which one?
sarge88cube
sarge88cube
Too Much Forum (465 reputation)Too Much Forum (465 reputation)Too Much Forum (465 reputation)Too Much Forum (465 reputation)Too Much Forum (465 reputation)Too Much Forum (465 reputation)Too Much Forum (465 reputation)Too Much Forum (465 reputation)Too Much Forum (465 reputation)
I was told never ask more than question at a time, but still do. Main worry was access To info on ERSA a book on airfield info one has to carry and refer to. Barry
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
I'm afraid I don't even know what ERSA is. It's therefore safe to assume SkyDemon doesn't provide access to it.
sarge88cube
sarge88cube
En Route Supplement Australia. A book updated every 6 months by air services australia , info req for every airfield in australia, eg surface type , length, freq , direction, direction of circuits down to phone no of fuel person. Both major nav packages made in oz have it in the programme, but they are not worrying about android so far, I would not fly without it, I am sure you have to have it if you are selected for a ramp check by CASA. Barry
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
Ah, I see. We would consider integrating this document within SkyDemon in the future as we grow in Australia.
eight10man
eight10man
Too Much Forum (581 reputation)Too Much Forum (581 reputation)Too Much Forum (581 reputation)Too Much Forum (581 reputation)Too Much Forum (581 reputation)Too Much Forum (581 reputation)Too Much Forum (581 reputation)Too Much Forum (581 reputation)Too Much Forum (581 reputation)
Hi SkyDemon team!

The vector charts on SD are far better and clearer than any other navigation app out there, and the 'global' coverage easily trumps local country-specific apps when flying around a bit.

Now for Australia there are some real legislations in place regarding the use of EFB - which actually fully approve tablets the size of iPad mini, and up, to replace paper.
But each app needs approval as far as I understand. Now for IFR I use the CASA-approved JeppFD with active subscription, but on the VFR side of flights I'd like to keep sticking to SD.

Any chance you could endeavour to approach CASA about CAR 233(1)(h) approval so to make SD fully and truly legal to replace paper??
Like OzRunways did here https://www.ozrunways.com/approved/

A full briefing on the topic here http://www.casa.gov.au/wcmswr/_assets/main/download/caaps/ops/233_1.pdf

On another topic: the ERSA is available here https://www.airservicesaustralia.com/aip/aip.asp?pg=40&vdate=6-Mar-2014&ver=2

Thanks, and keep up the good work!
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
Thanks for getting in touch. We will definitely investigate this as we grow in Australia, but we haven't reached that point yet. Our charts are vector based which makes them superior to paper charts in many ways, but it isn't clear whether certification for use as an alternative to paper charts would be forthcoming since the requirement may be for a specific chart to be carried, whether on paper or scanned into a device.

The ERSA will (again) be integrated into SkyDemon but only once we have achieved a certain measure of growth in Australia.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search