Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

The crashing of SD is getting annoying…

Author
Clive
Too Much Forum (436 reputation)Too Much Forum (436 reputation)Too Much Forum (436 reputation)Too Much Forum (436 reputation)Too Much Forum (436 reputation)Too Much Forum (436 reputation)Too Much Forum (436 reputation)Too Much Forum (436 reputation)Too Much Forum (436 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Don’t know what the last update did but disturbing SkyD is now on occasions crashing. This is when I take pictures, do other stuff. When I go back SkyD has shutdown.
It restarts ok and resumes but it’s a little disconcerting.
This is using two different iPhones both with the latest update.
Anyone else? If not can you try messing with some other stuff to see if you can provoke it?
Doesn’t happen in planning mode, just when flying.
One phone is on PAW the other on location services.
Ta, Clive
Clive
Clive
Too Much Forum (436 reputation)Too Much Forum (436 reputation)Too Much Forum (436 reputation)Too Much Forum (436 reputation)Too Much Forum (436 reputation)Too Much Forum (436 reputation)Too Much Forum (436 reputation)Too Much Forum (436 reputation)Too Much Forum (436 reputation)
Just to report back, I’ve been flying daily for 2 weeks. Still running 2 iPhones, still getting crashes but I’ve been trying not to disturb one of the phones, the one running PAW. This has helped but the one on location services, which I have been using for surfing weather, looking an apps for weather maps etc stil crashes. Can be while I’m interrogating SkyD itself or other apps.
True it restarts quickly and can be returned to navigating quickly, also maintains the track log for review later but it’s flat not acceptable. In this day and age of software systems the equivalent of the dreaded blue screen is flat not acceptable.
In the absence of anyone else’s experience if the phenomena I’ll approach SkyD alone but my experience is they don’t like criticism so I’ll just have to live with it.
Regards Clive
grahamb
grahamb
Too Much Forum (5.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.5K reputation)
Clive - 6/22/2024 3:23:14 AM
Just to report back, I’ve been flying daily for 2 weeks. Still running 2 iPhones, still getting crashes but I’ve been trying not to disturb one of the phones, the one running PAW. This has helped but the one on location services, which I have been using for surfing weather, looking an apps for weather maps etc stil crashes. Can be while I’m interrogating SkyD itself or other apps. True it restarts quickly and can be returned to navigating quickly, also maintains the track log for review later but it’s flat not acceptable. In this day and age of software systems the equivalent of the dreaded blue screen is flat not acceptable. In the absence of anyone else’s experience if the phenomena I’ll approach SkyD alone but my experience is they don’t like criticism so I’ll just have to live with it. Regards Clive

Have you tried the latest beta that was released a couple of days ago? It has been released to specifically fix a crash bug (but that might not be your particular crash, of course!).

Clive
Clive
Hi Graham, I’m always in the case with the updates and looks to me that the crashes I’m experiencing started after the last update.
If I could go back I would . Sadly the latest update doesn’t address it….
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (639K reputation)SkyDemon Team (639K reputation)SkyDemon Team (639K reputation)SkyDemon Team (639K reputation)SkyDemon Team (639K reputation)SkyDemon Team (639K reputation)SkyDemon Team (639K reputation)SkyDemon Team (639K reputation)SkyDemon Team (639K reputation)
The 3.16.16 version released earlier this week resolves a problem that some people on older iOS devices were experiencing in flight, where SkyDemon would gradually slow down and sometimes ultimately crash.
Clive
Clive
Hi Tim, no slowing down, just a crash and return to the logging on screen.
Been on the ground since the new version arrived so not tested it yet but will be flying today so I’ll have a mess around.
Thanks for the feedback.
Regards Clive
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (639K reputation)SkyDemon Team (639K reputation)SkyDemon Team (639K reputation)SkyDemon Team (639K reputation)SkyDemon Team (639K reputation)SkyDemon Team (639K reputation)SkyDemon Team (639K reputation)SkyDemon Team (639K reputation)SkyDemon Team (639K reputation)
We are sure that issue has been resolved. We've had an old iPad Mini 2 that was suffering the problem running solidly for almost two weeks now, flying around Europe.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search