Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Battery life in 2024 iPad Pro

Author
z
Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi, I used SkyDemon on the new iPad Pro 11" for the first time today and after approximately 2.5 hours of flight the battery dropped from almost 100% to 8%. I’ve also noticed some overheating. I’m wondering if it’s the fault of this particular iPad model or is it a common issue. Do you know any settings/tricks which could extend the battery life besides of taking additional power bank?
johas
j
Forum Member (39 reputation)Forum Member (39 reputation)Forum Member (39 reputation)Forum Member (39 reputation)Forum Member (39 reputation)Forum Member (39 reputation)Forum Member (39 reputation)Forum Member (39 reputation)Forum Member (39 reputation)
z.zielak - 5/19/2024 12:35:55 PM
Hi, I used SkyDemon on the new iPad Pro 11" for the first time today and after approximately 2.5 hours of flight the battery dropped from almost 100% to 8%. I’ve also noticed some overheating. I’m wondering if it’s the fault of this particular iPad model or is it a common issue. Do you know any settings/tricks which could extend the battery life besides of taking additional power bank?

Hi,

Just a personal tip for the overheating, especially on hot days: I adjust the air vents to direct airflow towards the iPad, works like a charm.
For battery life, you can go into settings, battery, and choose the economy setting. I haven't noticed any performance degradation with this setting on.

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (639K reputation)SkyDemon Team (639K reputation)SkyDemon Team (639K reputation)SkyDemon Team (639K reputation)SkyDemon Team (639K reputation)SkyDemon Team (639K reputation)SkyDemon Team (639K reputation)SkyDemon Team (639K reputation)SkyDemon Team (639K reputation)
It might also be helpful to ensure the screen isn't running at maximum brightness.
fruitloops101
fruitloops101
Too Much Forum (1.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.9K reputation)
z.zielak - 5/19/2024 12:35:55 PM

Are you using the internal GPS? If so maybe using an external position source would cut down on heat and power consumption? I have no experience with i-Things but I run a £100 Nokia T10 android tablet at maximum brightness, positioning and bluetooth disabled, coupled to a SkyEcho2 by Wifi and I've never come close to running out of battery even on a 4 hour flight and never had an overheating issue.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search