Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

bu-353n5

Author
L
Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello,
I rent Skydemon for the month in order to use it with GPS BU-353N5.
I try to connecte and use BU-353n5 GPS as external device.
1) In windows device manager (all default setting) : COM6 Baud 4800 (Data:8,parity:none,Stop:1,flow:none).
2) in Skydemon : Setup : COM6 baud 4800 : "I have a Skydemon Mobile device".

Unfortunatly when I do : Go Flying --> connect to RS232 GPS hardware, the message "Seeking GPS Satellites" and no GPS data seems to be received.

Skydemon version : 3.16.13.0
driver Prolific PL2303GC USB serial COM port : 5.1.6.0

I wonderring if there is a command line instruction that has to be sent to the BU-353N5 in NMEA protocol in order to be recognized by Skydemon.

Could you help me please ?

Best regards

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (639K reputation)SkyDemon Team (639K reputation)SkyDemon Team (639K reputation)SkyDemon Team (639K reputation)SkyDemon Team (639K reputation)SkyDemon Team (639K reputation)SkyDemon Team (639K reputation)SkyDemon Team (639K reputation)SkyDemon Team (639K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Sorry, we have no experience of that device. The modern way to use a GPS device on a Windows PC is to pair it through Windows and then let SkyDemon use Windows Location Services to show your position.

Having said that, the PC version of Windows is not really designed for in-flight navigation. The mobile versions of SkyDemon (for iOS and Android) are intended for that.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search