Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Fuel Remaining in PLOG

Author
B
Forum Member (33 reputation)Forum Member (33 reputation)Forum Member (33 reputation)Forum Member (33 reputation)Forum Member (33 reputation)Forum Member (33 reputation)Forum Member (33 reputation)Forum Member (33 reputation)Forum Member (33 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Not sure if I'm reading this wrong but I've plotted a route with a starting level of 100 ltr and the fuel plan (attached) shows a total of 53.5 made up from:

Taxi/Take off: 8.0
Cruise: 32.1
Diversion: 0.0
Holding Time: 6.9
Landing: 5.0
Contingency: 1.6
Total: 53.5

Looking at the PLOG the fuel required matches the fuel plan with 53.5.  However the fuel remaining (FuelR) on landing is shown as 59.9 which is only 40.1 less than the starting level of 100.  The only way to make this FuelR match is to assume:
FuelR = Planned Fuel - Taxi/Takeoff - Cruise, ie 59.9 = 100 - 8 - 32.1.

So FuelR does not include fuel for landing, is that right?  To confirm I do have the route landing at Mona.

SkyDemon Ver 3.16.14 (Mac mini M2)   

Edited 4/28/2024 3:08:18 PM by BS
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (634K reputation)SkyDemon Team (634K reputation)SkyDemon Team (634K reputation)SkyDemon Team (634K reputation)SkyDemon Team (634K reputation)SkyDemon Team (634K reputation)SkyDemon Team (634K reputation)SkyDemon Team (634K reputation)SkyDemon Team (634K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Yes, I think that is correct. The FuelR column shows the amount of fuel anticipated to be remaining at the end of the leg, and doesn't take account of what kind of approach, hold, and landing you might make (because SkyDemon doesn't know).

I appreciate that we could have changed this column for your last leg to deduct the estimated 5 ltr anticipated for this stage of the flight but then it's not clear what we should do if you have an alternate leg in your PLOG.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search