Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Missing Germany AIP data, where to find?

Author
m
Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi,

How can I find the AD AIPs for smaller airfields in Germany within Skydemon?

Two specific examples I wasn't lucky locating anything within Skydemon for.
EDTF: https://aip.dfs.de/BasicVFR/2024APR18/pages/E07EEE0475A8F2239821926990434F41.html
EDMK: https://aip.dfs.de/BasicVFR/2024APR18/pages/A28CFE921C33A9624553BBB832069FFC.html

Would be great if those could be linked directly within the airfield tabs similar to larger airfields like EDDK (showing under "Textual Information Civil AIP").

Best
Markus

Adam Erchegyi
Adam Erchegyi
Too Much Forum (445 reputation)Too Much Forum (445 reputation)Too Much Forum (445 reputation)Too Much Forum (445 reputation)Too Much Forum (445 reputation)Too Much Forum (445 reputation)Too Much Forum (445 reputation)Too Much Forum (445 reputation)Too Much Forum (445 reputation)
moefly - 4/27/2024 6:10:18 PM
Hi,

EDTF: https://aip.dfs.de/BasicVFR/2024APR18/pages/E07EEE0475A8F2239821926990434F41.html
EDMK: https://aip.dfs.de/BasicVFR/2024APR18/pages/A28CFE921C33A9624553BBB832069FFC.html

Would be great if those could be linked directly within the airfield tabs similar to larger airfields like EDDK (showing under "Textual Information Civil AIP").

Best
Markus

Airfields tab -> My Flight Guides -> DFS -> Aerodomes -> search.
Yes, it's a disaster.

grahamb
grahamb
Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)
Adam Erchegyi - 4/27/2024 6:24:16 PM

Yes, it's a disaster.

That only works if you've bought the DFS subscription, surely?

The other way is to download the free pages from the DFS site, and import them to SD, prefixing the document title with the airfield ICAO followed by an underscore. This should then make it available in the relevant Airfield Info. It's a drag, but not too bad if you just need one or two.

Edited 4/28/2024 8:25:22 AM by grahamb
moefly
m
Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)
Hi,

Best
Markus

Yes, it's a disaster.

The problem is that some pieces of the AIP are IMHO completely missing within SkyDemon.
Doing the search only gives me the Charts but is missing out on the textual information I posted :-(

Thx @grahamb for the tip with the prefixed document. Not really a feasible path for me tbh given how manual the process is (and those documents changing regularly). As you said, quite doable for a airfield or two.

Adam Erchegyi
Adam Erchegyi
Too Much Forum (445 reputation)Too Much Forum (445 reputation)Too Much Forum (445 reputation)Too Much Forum (445 reputation)Too Much Forum (445 reputation)Too Much Forum (445 reputation)Too Much Forum (445 reputation)Too Much Forum (445 reputation)Too Much Forum (445 reputation)
moefly - 4/29/2024 5:22:45 AM
Hi,

Best
Markus

Yes, it's a disaster.

The problem is that some pieces of the AIP are IMHO completely missing within SkyDemon.
Doing the search only gives me the Charts but is missing out on the textual information I posted :-(

Thx @grahamb for the tip with the prefixed document. Not really a feasible path for me tbh given how manual the process is (and those documents changing regularly). As you said, quite doable for a airfield or two.

Again:
Airfields tab -> My Flight Guides -> DFS -> Aerodomes -> search
You are not searching within SkyDemon, you search in the PDF

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (627K reputation)SkyDemon Team (627K reputation)SkyDemon Team (627K reputation)SkyDemon Team (627K reputation)SkyDemon Team (627K reputation)SkyDemon Team (627K reputation)SkyDemon Team (627K reputation)SkyDemon Team (627K reputation)SkyDemon Team (627K reputation)
DFS does not provide the textual information for the mentioned aerodrome in its own document. Instead, it is merged with other aerodromes in one big document, so you have to open the larger document and do a text search to locate it.

However, we have most of the textual information that is present in that document, in our own Approach Information and Admin Information pages inside SkyDemon. What information are you looking for, that we don't have? For my reference.

Adam Erchegyi
Adam Erchegyi
Tim Dawson - 4/29/2024 10:05:56 AM
DFS does not provide the textual information for the mentioned aerodrome in its own document. Instead, it is merged with other aerodromes in one big document, so you have to open the larger document and do a text search to locate it.

However, we have most of the textual information that is present in that document, in our own Approach Information and Admin Information pages inside SkyDemon. What information are you looking for, that we don't have? For my reference.

I usually look for customs details. As proposed earlier in another thread: it's fine to have it in one document but would be nice to find a solution to open that pdf directly from the airport's tab and go to the first match of the ICAO code (pre-bookmark, more mature built-in pdf tool, whatever...). Something similar could also solve the French instrument plates...

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (627K reputation)SkyDemon Team (627K reputation)SkyDemon Team (627K reputation)SkyDemon Team (627K reputation)SkyDemon Team (627K reputation)SkyDemon Team (627K reputation)SkyDemon Team (627K reputation)SkyDemon Team (627K reputation)SkyDemon Team (627K reputation)
It's a good idea. We might be able to get some of the way there quite easily. I'll see what I can do.
moefly
m
Thanks all, was finally able to locate it in the big document using the path you mentioned.

@Tim: Would be great if sth like Adam mentioned would be possible to implement, thanks for looking into it.
To your earlier question what specific information I'm looking for that is not available in the approach/admin details:
For EDTF I specifically looked for information around the german UL class as they have some quite strange regulations around the max noise level for ULs for departure at that airfield.

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
Thanks all. I've actually prototyped a new little feature where the general textual information document is linked from the airfield page, in Germany. It won't jump straight to the actual entry for the airfield (that's a potential future enhancement) but in the meantime will definitely make it easier to find the information.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search