Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

SkyDemon, PilotAware and IFD440 3 way integration

Author
c
Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello,

In our plane, we have Pilotaware (PAW), an ipad running skydemon, and an Avidyne IFD440 navigator.

The IFD has the possibility of joining another wifi network rather than acting as a hub, i.e. the IFD can join the PAW wifi network.

I've tried the following setup where the 3 devices are on the same Wifi network.
PAW as Wifi hub.
Ipad/SD connected to the PAW Wifi.
IFD also connected to the PAW Wifi.

Using this configuration, in Skydemon I can click on go Flying, select IFD as GPS source.
in Skydemon I can then send a flightplan to the IFD.
However as Skydemon thinks it is connected to the IFD only, Skydemon doesn't display PAW traffic information. This is not surprising as skydemon can currently select only one device to communicate with.

I was wondering if skydemon could allow communication with multiple devices that are on the same Wifi network?

Thanks,
Christophe

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
Sorry, that isn't likely to happen any time soon due to the way SkyDemon is engineered. SkyDemon only sort-of supports working with more than one device at once, when one of the devices is acting as a pass-through for another device (I believe SafeSky does this).
ch_dupre
c
Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)
Thanks for getting back to me Tim.
For what it's worth, I think that would be a great feature and I hope SkyDemon can connect to multiple devices in the future.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search