Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Flight Plan transfer betwen users

Author
R
Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello, I looked in all the documentation and in this forum, but I didn't find how to solve a problem I am facing when flying together with a friend pilot! I wonder no one raised the question before while I think it is a very common situation.
I have an android tablet and my friend has a iPad. I make a flight plan on my tablet and, while we fly together I would like to share the plan with him. Sometime the opposite is required: ha plans and he would like to share his plan with me. The only way I found is to save it on the cloud, to open it in a PC, ...\document\Skydemon\routes, pass the .flightplan file (through usb dongle, mail, WhatsApp, etc) to him. Then he has to open it on his PC, save it to his cloud and, finally, open it in iPad.
Of course this cannot be done when we plan in a airport few minutes before takeoff and we don't have PCs useable.
Is there a solution for this? Of course a Bluetooth transfer would be great, but a simple import/export to local file would be more than acceptable!

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
Just choose Share from the Route menu. Easiest way will be to send it by email, if you're going between Android and iOS.
RescaFly
R
Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)
Tim Dawson - 4/9/2024 8:29:16 AM
Just choose Share from the Route menu. Easiest way will be to send it by email, if you're going between Android and iOS.

Yes, this is what my iPhone friend used to SEND me the filghtplan. But once I receive, for instance, the email on my Android with the various attachments, how can I LOAD the ,flightplan file in my Skydemon? I cannot see Route->Import, File->Open or something like that!

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
You just tap on the attachment in your email client.
RescaFly
R
Tim Dawson - 4/10/2024 9:13:27 AM
You just tap on the attachment in your email client.

Ok! Not very intuitive but works, Thank you!

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
It's quite normal, and a lot more intuitive than trying to temporarily save the attachment from your email into a shared location on the device, then using an Open command to search for the file in SkyDemon.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search