Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Feature request: Terrain contour lines

Author
E
Junior Member (16 reputation)Junior Member (16 reputation)Junior Member (16 reputation)Junior Member (16 reputation)Junior Member (16 reputation)Junior Member (16 reputation)Junior Member (16 reputation)Junior Member (16 reputation)Junior Member (16 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
While I find SD to be an incredibly powerful tool both for planning and in flight, I do really miss contour lines. While the various maps and terrain colouring currently available can give you a general idea of what the terrain is like, nothing beats contour lines when at a glance trying to identify terrain on the map by looking out the window.

This is particularly true, I find, for areas with a lot of high terrain such as Scotland, Snowdonia, and even the Peaks (though I wouldn't call the peaks "high"). Ridges, peaks and cols, and other easily identifiable features usually are also quite easy to distinguish on a map with contour lines. Even a fairly small hill in a flat area is quite easy to identify out the window and on a map with contour lines, but much harder (I find) in the current available chart types in SD, unless you happen to accidentally have the high terrain colouring set to the height where it will become identifiable (or fly at that height when in the air and the feature is on).

Any chance something like a 100ft, 200ft, or 250ft increment contour line could be implemented?

Thanks

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
It's not something we've ever heard much desire for, but this is definitely the right place for others to weigh in, if they think it's something important that we should work on.
Eseem
E
Junior Member (16 reputation)Junior Member (16 reputation)Junior Member (16 reputation)Junior Member (16 reputation)Junior Member (16 reputation)Junior Member (16 reputation)Junior Member (16 reputation)Junior Member (16 reputation)Junior Member (16 reputation)
Tim Dawson - 4/3/2024 9:43:08 AM
It's not something we've ever heard much desire for, but this is definitely the right place for others to weigh in, if they think it's something important that we should work on.

Thanks. My only addition to that is that they're found on both quarter and half mil charts in the UK, which hopefully counts for something.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search