Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

MSA too high in route planning ?

Author
J
Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi, 
I am using FlyDemon version 3.16.12 on a macbook air.
When defining a new route, it seems that there are MSA (minimum safe altitude) "imposed" for each leg (I interpret this by the fact that the leg in the 'radar' window at the bottom of the screen is depicted in red instead of magenta). 
I find these MSA very high, and they do not correspond to the surrounding terrain altitudes. 
Does anyone knows why this feature ? 
Thanks
JL

Gerhard66
G
Too Much Forum (5.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.1K reputation)
Jean-Louis MONIN - 3/31/2024 3:44:31 PM
Hi, 
I am using FlyDemon version 3.16.12 on a macbook air.
When defining a new route, it seems that there are MSA (minimum safe altitude) "imposed" for each leg (I interpret this by the fact that the leg in the 'radar' window at the bottom of the screen is depicted in red instead of magenta). 
I find these MSA very high, and they do not correspond to the surrounding terrain altitudes. 
Does anyone knows why this feature ? 
Thanks
JL

Hi Jean-Louis,
MSA and other parameters can be customised according to your demands in the Setup - Planning Options Menue.
Good Luck
Gerhard

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
Can you give an example? You can configure the corridor width and vertical avoidance thresholds for both terrain and obstacles.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search