Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Enroute navaids to include in the Pilot Log

Author
A
Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Some enroute navaids (with their frequency and morse code) that are near the planned route are included in the pilot log. I find this a useful feature, but I cannot find in the manual (p56, 3rd paragraph) what criteria is used to select them, and practical trials are inconclusive.

For example if I generate a very simple route ESMK-SALLO-EDVK, the plog will include CDA which is 31NM from the planned route but exclude BKD, HLZ and DLE which are all about 12NM from the planned route.
If I generate a direct route ESMK-EDVK, CDA is still there (now 19NM from the route), BKD (also 19NM) and HLZ (16NM) are still excluded but DLE (9NM) makes it.
WRB is always included, but as it serves the airport's SIDs & STARs that one is very logical.

Can you clarify what is the selction criteria for including enroute navaids in the plog?
Could you make a "channel width" around the planned route an explicit setting, so we get to choose? If a channel is not possible, can we have a "Include in plog" contextual option on the right-click/long-press?

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Do you have the RNav option turned on for the plog, by any chance? I think that's when we find a nearby VOR/DME and include it on the PLOG.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search