Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

New flight heatmap feature in beta

Author
K
Too Much Forum (224 reputation)Too Much Forum (224 reputation)Too Much Forum (224 reputation)Too Much Forum (224 reputation)Too Much Forum (224 reputation)Too Much Forum (224 reputation)Too Much Forum (224 reputation)Too Much Forum (224 reputation)Too Much Forum (224 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi,
Tested the new feature on Android beta and it works great, cool gimmick.

Two suggestions...
1) Some of my flights seems to only be "dotted" so maybe an adjustment for thickness or opacity could be worth considering, also to cater for differences in number of flights
2)  I seems to have limitations in zooming out. Not sure if that is dependent on concentration of flights, but it was no covering a large area so maybe an issue for the ones that fly long distances.

Just my observations from first touch Smile 

Edited 3/17/2024 7:31:34 PM by KimW
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
The "dotting" as you call it is where two flight logs have overlapped. That's how heatmaps work: the higher number of flights that cross each pixel, the hotter that pixel becomes. We are considering what customisation options we expose (if any) and pen thickness would be top of the list, so thanks for the input.

The smallest scale (the farthest you can zoom out) for heatmaps is currently 5M.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search