Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Increased battery consumption on iOS devices?

Author
r
Junior Member (13 reputation)Junior Member (13 reputation)Junior Member (13 reputation)Junior Member (13 reputation)Junior Member (13 reputation)Junior Member (13 reputation)Junior Member (13 reputation)Junior Member (13 reputation)Junior Member (13 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello,
I have been a SkyDemon customer for a couple of years (one of the many fans of such an excellent app). I flew yesterday for about 1.5hrs and noticed that the battery consumption by SkyDemon seemed much higher than it used to be / I'm used to? 

I'm using SkyDemon 3.16.12 on the same devices that I've used for over a year (with no problem) -  I run both an iPhone SE (2020) iOS 17.3.1 and an iPad Mini4, iOS 15.8.1, both linked to a PilotAware Rosetta firmware 20230316. 

On the flight yesterday, the battery went down from 100% to 25% on the iPhone and 100% to about 60% on the iPad for that relatively short flight, with SkyDemon showing up as the main battery usage consumer (in Settings->Battery). I know I've been on much longer flights using exactly the same setup (in the same plane too) and never had such battery usage.

Not saying "correlation equals causation" but this the first time I've flown since the SD update to 3.16.12 released 14/Feb/202. I don't recall if there have been any iOS updates (to 17 on the phone or 15 on the iPad) since. My previous flight was on 12/Feb/2024 and I don't recall any unexpected battery usage.

I'm aware it could well be battery health on the devices generally, but both devices at the same time? Has anyone else noticed higher battery usage by SkyDemon recently?

Anyway - I thought I'd check with you all on the forum

Thank you

Kind regards,

Richard Parker

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (626K reputation)SkyDemon Team (626K reputation)SkyDemon Team (626K reputation)SkyDemon Team (626K reputation)SkyDemon Team (626K reputation)SkyDemon Team (626K reputation)SkyDemon Team (626K reputation)SkyDemon Team (626K reputation)SkyDemon Team (626K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
On the contrary, we've done a great deal of work recently to lessen the amount of CPU used by SkyDemon, so I am surprised to hear this. I will also be interested to hear if anyone else has noticed the same.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search