Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Fuel volume versus mass

Author
k
Junior Member (11 reputation)Junior Member (11 reputation)Junior Member (11 reputation)Junior Member (11 reputation)Junior Member (11 reputation)Junior Member (11 reputation)Junior Member (11 reputation)Junior Member (11 reputation)Junior Member (11 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I'm trying to set up and use a profile for my aircraft. I have set "Fuel Measurement" to be by volume (litres). When I enter weight and balance for a flight plan I can enter the fuel volume, e.g. 30 L, but when the corresponding fuel weight is calculated further down in the form it assumes a fuel weight of 1 kg/L and calculates 30 kg of fuel which is very conservative when doing calculations for ultralight aircraft with small margins. I can of course manually override this, but then I have to remember to do the conversion each time myself.  Is there a setting I can tweak so that the entered fuel volume is converted to the approximately correct fuel mass?

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Threaded View
Threaded View
kolaf - 12/16/2023 8:41:45 PM
grahamb - 12/16/2023 9:17:44 PM
kolaf - 12/16/2023 10:45:59 PM
grahamb - 12/16/2023 11:05:36 PM

Reading This Topic