Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Cloud information missing in skydemon

Author
c
Forum Member (34 reputation)Forum Member (34 reputation)Forum Member (34 reputation)Forum Member (34 reputation)Forum Member (34 reputation)Forum Member (34 reputation)Forum Member (34 reputation)Forum Member (34 reputation)Forum Member (34 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
1. According to a recent  tutorial video by skydemon, when I go to weather and select flyable conditions, clouds should show in the profile view..but what I have seen they are completely missing...also they are missing from METAR information.is there any other way to show the clouds..?..
2. When in the flying/simulate mode, only the current wind shows on the left side in a block .but if I want to see winds around that area, I have to exit the simulate/flying mode and then I can move around the map to see winds..or in simulate mode, I have to select airfields to see wind..is there any other easy option to see winds just by moving around the area in the simulate mode..?..wouldn't that be useful if included..?..wouldn't it be useful to include all options like home, weather etc which show in non-simulate mode in the simulate mode as well..?
3. In simulate mode , if I chose the aerial photography , it shows the view wrt one of the airfields (usually the dest airfield) and not wrt current position of aircraft...is there any option to do that?..Also, is there any option to overlay the aerial photography view onto the map view on skydemon so that now the aircraft symbol moves across the aerial photography view..?..
4. Is internet connection required for skydemon, foreflight etc to work in flight..I am of the option that navigation should still work (ie aircraft moves ahead as we fly), just that wind and weather information shown is not updated and it shows the previous information only...but then If we see in our mobile GPS, it doesnt activate the navigation without internet being turned on..(although I know that is reqd just to upload database )..in skydemon, as charts are already installed , so running it without internet will make no difference to actual landscape(terrain, objects etc) being shown around in the application..?
2. For general aviation, upto what height generally does the internet connection works and at approx what height does it stop working..I know it depends on area to area but what is approx you have experienced..?..

Regards...

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
1. You didn't say what area you're using SkyDemon in. Flyable Conditions data is only available for Europe.
2. You can turn weather overlays back on in flight, by going into the Weather submenu of the main navigation menu. Then you'll see the same winds aloft barbs as you do when planning.
3. Aerial Photography is powered by your iOS or Android device's own Maps libraries. Usually that means an internet connection is required to download the map tiles. That is why we don't emphasize that feature in flight, though you should still find it accessible.
4. This is a SkyDemon forum and I can't comment on other products. SkyDemon doesn't require an internet connection in flight, in fact it's designed to have everything you need downloaded before you take off. Some people do use internet in flight, but that's an option that requires turning on. Availability of 3g/4g in flight is entirely dependent on the country you're flying in and varies widely.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search