Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

removing charts not freeing up space on ipad

Author
rv8ch
Too Much Forum (162 reputation)Too Much Forum (162 reputation)Too Much Forum (162 reputation)Too Much Forum (162 reputation)Too Much Forum (162 reputation)Too Much Forum (162 reputation)Too Much Forum (162 reputation)Too Much Forum (162 reputation)Too Much Forum (162 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
My ipad has an ios update, and it says I don't have enough space.  My SD seems to be using 1GB, and so I temporarily removed all but one country from the list of charts.  It didn't change the space used.  Anyone know if there is something I can do to get it to actually free up this allocated space on the ipad?  Thanks!
Tags
grahamb
grahamb
Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)
rv8ch - 10/21/2023 3:58:14 PM
My ipad has an ios update, and it says I don't have enough space.  My SD seems to be using 1GB, and so I temporarily removed all but one country from the list of charts.  It didn't change the space used.  Anyone know if there is something I can do to get it to actually free up this allocated space on the ipad?  Thanks!

Remove the app and reinstall it. Make sure you save your settings, routes, aircraft and waypoints to the cloud first though! 

rv8ch
rv8ch
Too Much Forum (162 reputation)Too Much Forum (162 reputation)Too Much Forum (162 reputation)Too Much Forum (162 reputation)Too Much Forum (162 reputation)Too Much Forum (162 reputation)Too Much Forum (162 reputation)Too Much Forum (162 reputation)Too Much Forum (162 reputation)
grahamb - 10/21/2023 4:27:01 PM
rv8ch - 10/21/2023 3:58:14 PM

Remove the app and reinstall it. Make sure you save your settings, routes, aircraft and waypoints to the cloud first though! 

Any other less painful method?  Seems strange to need to do this...

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
There's an option under Mapping then Terrain to delete terrain tiles, all of which can be re-downloaded or re-created. That could free some space.
grahamb
grahamb
Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)
Even less painful may be first powering your device off and back on again to see whether the space has actually been freed up, but just not showing up as such.
rv8ch
rv8ch
grahamb - 10/23/2023 11:16:21 AM
Even less painful may be first powering your device off and back on again to see whether the space has actually been freed up, but just not showing up as such.

Did that, didn't help.

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
Also try under the Airfields tab, bring up the mini Settings menu and use Clear Document Cache. There might be many downloaded AIP documents and plates that you no longer need, and that tool will delete them.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search