Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Online GAR in local time?

Author
VMC-on-top
Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Been away for a few days to France and realised upon arrival that the online GAR which was filed at the same as my flightplan was in LOCAL time, not UTC, as per the flightplan. Sufficed to say, a very grumpy french customs man met us to complain we were so late! 
The same was the case on the return, though fortunately we were early to check out the aircraft etc but again the local customs agent had been waiting around for an hour. 
I have emailed online GAR, but it would make sense for the gar to use UTC, or for skydemon to populate the fields in online gar in the correct local time? 

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
GARs filed through OnlineGar are always in UTC. They don't have anything to do with French customs so I don't understand the rest of your post, sorry.
grahamb
grahamb
Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)
Tim Dawson - 10/12/2023 9:35:27 AM
GARs filed through OnlineGar are always in UTC. They don't have anything to do with French customs so I don't understand the rest of your post, sorry.

I think the issue may be that the OnLineGAR system can send a notification email to a French customs email address when it knows of one, and it populates it with Local time not UTC.

VMC-on-top
VMC-on-top
Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)
grahamb - 10/12/2023 10:11:22 AM
Tim Dawson - 10/12/2023 9:35:27 AM

I think the issue may be that the OnLineGAR system can send a notification email to a French customs email address when it knows of one, and it populates it with Local time not UTC.

Correct. the email displays the departure time as LOCAL time, not UTC as it should be.
@TimDawson, can this be corrected from within skydemon or is it a fault within online GAR? 

Edited 10/12/2023 12:43:54 PM by VMC-on-top
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
If this is the behaviour of OnlineGar, it's down to them I'm afraid.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search