Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

"SkyDemon is not compatible with this ipad"

Author
M
Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi

I have been running SkyDemon on an original iPad mini for many (>10?) years.  It works well but has started to slow down recently.

Prior to replacing it with a new ipad I though I would try a reset of the ipad to see if that helped.

I have reset it as a "new" ipad and signed in, but when I try to load SkyDemon from the app store I get the message shown above in the title.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Gerhard66
G
Too Much Forum (5.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.1K reputation)
Mutley - 10/7/2023 9:02:02 AM
Hi

I have been running SkyDemon on an original iPad mini for many (>10?) years.  It works well but has started to slow down recently.

Prior to replacing it with a new ipad I though I would try a reset of the ipad to see if that helped.

I have reset it as a "new" ipad and signed in, but when I try to load SkyDemon from the app store I get the message shown above in the title.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Did you try to update the iPad to the highest supported iOS version?

grahamb
grahamb
Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)
Gerhard66
G
Too Much Forum (5.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.1K reputation)
??
If he resets the iPad to „new“, probably all iOS updates are lost.
Update to the highest supported version would be necessary.
Hopefully, this old iPad is still supported by Apple…
grahamb
grahamb
Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)
Gerhard66 - 10/8/2023 4:06:35 AM
??If he resets the iPad to „new“, probably all iOS updates are lost.Update to the highest supported version would be necessary. Hopefully, this old iPad is still supported by Apple…

The thread I linked to explains that SD cannot run on iOs earlier than 10.0.

Mutley
M
Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)
Thanks all.  It looks like I have painted myself in to a corner here!

My Ipad Mini tells me it is currently running iOS 9.3.6 and my "software is up to date".
The internet tells me that the original ipad mini can't run iOS 10.
I guess I must have been running a legacy version of SkyDemon which is no longer available from the App Store.
Ho hum.  Serves me right for fiddling!

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search