Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Reporting position to controler using Skydemon

Author
Cessnaoui
Too Much Forum (2.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.3K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Skydemon offers an interesting feature that allows you to easily report your position to an air trafic controller.
For example : 5 NM SW from Champignac en Cambrousse.
Unfortunately, it appears that very small villages are most often provided by that feature. I was in such a situation yesterday and the controller from Paris Info asked me to provide a location relative to a know air point like an airfield or a VOR instead of a small village he never heard about before.
Is there is way to improve this ?

pgroell
pgroell
Too Much Forum (4.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.6K reputation)
In flight just click on any point on the map, in the blue header of the pop-up you will get distance/radial to the point you clicked. Just choose an appropriate point to click (I prefer to use airports).

For example on the picture I am 12NM E of Nangis Les Loges Aerodrome.

grahamb
grahamb
Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)
Cessnaoui - 9/18/2023 3:30:26 PM
Skydemon offers an interesting feature that allows you to easily report your position to an air trafic controller.
Unfortunately, it appears that very small villages are most often provided by that feature. I was in such a situation yesterday and the controller from Paris Info asked me to provide a location relative to a know air point like an airfield or a VOR instead of a small village he never heard about before.

if you 'long press' on the reference point requested by ATC. the 'What's here' pop-up shows your distance, cardinal direction (N, NE, SW etc), time and bearing to/from that feature.

Cessnaoui
Cessnaoui
Too Much Forum (2.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.3K reputation)
pgroell - 9/18/2023 4:44:58 PM
In flight just click on any point on the map, in the blue header of the pop-up you will get distance/radial to the point you clicked. Just choose an appropriate point to click (I prefer to use airports).

For example on the picture I am 12NM E of Nangis Les Loges Aerodrome.

Thanks for this workaround ! This is exactly what I was looking for :-)

Cessnaoui
Cessnaoui
grahamb - 9/18/2023 4:50:20 PM
Cessnaoui - 9/18/2023 3:30:26 PM

if you 'long press' on the reference point requested by ATC. the 'What's here' pop-up shows your distance, cardinal direction (N, NE, SW etc), time and bearing to/from that feature.

Thanks for this workaround ! This is exactly what I was looking for :-)

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search