Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Lost audio traffic alerts

Author
SeanKx
Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Running Skydemon version 3.16.9 on a Samsung SM-T713, Lineage Operating System, Android 10, PilotAware Rosetta

On Wednesday evening whilst flying I did not have any audio traffic alerts though the relevant aircraft were visible both on Skydemon and the radar screen on the tablet and also on a separate phone used purely as a PAW radar screen. Two of the other aircraft were close enough to be  red on PAW and well within the parameters I've set for alerts. I use a cable from the tablet to the headset control box and have had the same set up for 2 years without any performance issue. None of the settings have been changed on the tablet or the Rosetta, all the connections are good and I'm getting all the usual Skydemon terrain, airspace alerts etc. The headset batteries are good and the ANR is working as it should.
So I'm a bit flummoxed as I cannot see any reason for the loss of audio.

Grateful for any help!

Sean Kx
Samsung SM-T713, Lineage Operating System
Android 10
Skydemon latest version always

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
Your question is a little confusing as SkyDemon does not have any settable parameters for traffic alerts. Also, the fact the traffic was red on another device does not mean the traffic was actually a cause for concern inside SkyDemon; our imminent-proximity detection algorithms are based on more on simply how close other traffic is to your position.

Have you tried simulating another piece of traffic in the SkyDemon simulator? You can easily test our traffic alerts there. Once in simulation mode, press anywhere on the map and from the What's Here screen you can spawn another simulated aircraft. Then you can drag it around (or drag your own aircraft around) to set them up on a collision course.

SeanKx
SeanKx
Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)
Hi Tim,
In Nav Options I have ticked Verbal Traffic Information, Show Callsigns and Vertical Filter set at 1000ft. My verbal alert parameters are set in PAW.  It may well be that the aircraft in question weren't close enough to be a concern inside Skydemon however based on past experience at similar distances I would have expected a verbal alert. Looking at a playback one aircraft was 1nm ahead of me and was showing 300ft below
I have tested in Simulate and Spawn Aircraft mode and had audio warnings as expected. Have also tested in Flight mode whilst on the ground to confirm that everything is working as it should. May get to fly today to see what happens

Sean Kx
Samsung SM-T713, Lineage Operating System
Android 10
Skydemon latest version always

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore