Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Waypoint difference between tablet and computer

Author
R
Junior Member (23 reputation)Junior Member (23 reputation)Junior Member (23 reputation)Junior Member (23 reputation)Junior Member (23 reputation)Junior Member (23 reputation)Junior Member (23 reputation)Junior Member (23 reputation)Junior Member (23 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello
I have a problem with the waypoints.
I created a flight and ad some waypoints on my computer ans i spotted they are in my tablet too,but not with the correct name.
What's really annoying example i created waypoint "entrée TMA pyrénées 2500' cl D and on the tablet that waypoint become
N 433022 E 0001246 ???
When i look in which folder it went,it is Skydemon waypoints  in a "Folders locked to this pc "
Help please
Daniel

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
It might be a good idea to read the user manual section on user waypoints.
It's no problem to create user waypoints in a folder on your PC, sync them with the cloud, then sync with the cloud also on your mobile device, at which point you'll see that folder there too. If you've created your waypoint in a folder that's locked to your device, you can move them first to a syncable folder.

Rallye
R
Junior Member (23 reputation)Junior Member (23 reputation)Junior Member (23 reputation)Junior Member (23 reputation)Junior Member (23 reputation)Junior Member (23 reputation)Junior Member (23 reputation)Junior Member (23 reputation)Junior Member (23 reputation)
Tim Dawson - 8/21/2023 9:49:09 AM
It might be a good idea to read the user manual section on user waypoints.
It's no problem to create user waypoints in a folder on your PC, sync them with the cloud, then sync with the cloud also on your mobile device, at which point you'll see that folder there too. If you've created your waypoint in a folder that's locked to your device, you can move them first to a syncable folder.

Thanks for that quick answer.I tried to download the manual,without success...
I searched a solution and did what you tell me,it worked,but you confirm now it is well done.And effectively it work,but i find it dangerous ,if you forget to synchronize.
In general,why are there differences between computer and tablet.Why not transfer the personal waypoints automaticly to the cloud,like the routes,etc...
Having tell that,fantastic app,I am from belgium ,so english is not my mother language...

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
You can also find the user manual here:

Making the sync of waypoints automatic is dangerous in a different way, because of the possibility of accidentally doing something on one device that wipes everything on all your devices. At the moment we are happy for it to be manual but will revisit this in the future.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search