Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

send to garmin pilot Android

Author
j
Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
there have been a number of very similar issues - feb this year 2022 and before but all seem to run into a dead end with no solution
I'd be happy only with SD - its a superb bit of software and all praise to TD for producing a cross platform (iOS Androdi ) app
I use Garmin Pilot for access to my jepp charts (it is one of the only other flight bags which run on Android  though I think they gave development to the college placement kid !!!) 
On SD there's a menu item 'Send to Garmin Piot'
with a complete route in SD pressing this simply opens up Garmin Pilot - no FP or trip or route appears
I cant find out how to import a .FPL file into Garmin anyway so I guess Im reduced to copying and pasting
this is the same issue which has been reported over several years it seems

I know Android became a bit paranoid in in version 13 (aug 22) about allowing access to file locations - making it very difficult to move files about and damaged such interoperability - maybe thats it?  
anyone know any more?     is there a way of getting .fpl into garmin pilot?

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
Sending route to Garmin Pilot is very simple as it's done via a simple URL, not with a file. This means you can open routes from the internet just by clicking a link, and a link is what SkyDemon opens too. If the Garmin Pilot app is ignore links sent without giving you any feedback at all, that sounds like a bug in the Garmin Pilot product.
johnm0101
j
Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)
Tim Dawson - 8/21/2023 9:47:42 AM
Sending route to Garmin Pilot is very simple as it's done via a simple URL, not with a file. This means you can open routes from the internet just by clicking a link, and a link is what SkyDemon opens too. If the Garmin Pilot app is ignore links sent without giving you any feedback at all, that sounds like a bug in the Garmin Pilot product.

thanks Tim 
no theres no messages in Garmin Pilot - just flips to open that app with no other message or screen change
I am onto Garmin support about it now - will report back for benefit of others

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
Thanks John. Good luck.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search