Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Feature Request: Advanced Airfield Filtering for Fuelling & Amenities

Author
Michael Rubio
Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello fellow aviators,

When planning flights on SkyDemon, I've often found myself wanting a feature that would streamline the process of searching for suitable airfields, especially when certain criteria are in mind. For instance, on longer trips, it's crucial to identify airfields that offer specific types of fuel, such as MoGas, and other amenities like accommodation.

Currently, I've been opening multiple airfield details one-by-one to check if they meet my requirements. This can be time-consuming and I'm sure many of you have experienced this as well. Wouldn't it be great if SkyDemon had a feature that allowed us to filter airfields based on certain criteria?

Suggested Feature: Advanced Airfield Filtering

Allow pilots to filter airfields based on fuel type (e.g., MoGas, Avgas, Jet-A1).
Include additional filters for amenities such as accommodation, repair services, or dining.
Display only those airfields that match the selected criteria on the map, making flight planning more efficient.
I believe such a feature would be a great addition to SkyDemon, enhancing its user experience and making flight planning even more efficient. I'd love to hear the community's thoughts on this and if others have faced similar challenges.

Thank you for considering this suggestion, and I look forward to the continued evolution of SkyDemon as a vital tool for pilots worldwide.

Safe flights,
Michael Rubio

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
You're looking for the Find a Destination feature, which we display fairly prominently in virtual radar and also in the Airfields tab.
Michael Rubio
Michael Rubio
Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)
Tim Dawson - 8/7/2023 10:38:25 AM
You're looking for the Find a Destination feature, which we display fairly prominently in virtual radar and also in the Airfields tab.

Hello Tim,

I apologize for the oversight; I now see that SkyDemon already offers the filtering feature. My mistake and thank you for pointing that out.

Given this, I'd like to suggest an additional filter for accommodations near the airfields. Having such a feature could be very beneficial for pilots planning longer trips or overnight stops. It would be wonderful if, in future updates, SkyDemon could integrate this filter to further streamline the flight planning process.

Thanks again for your understanding and for considering this suggestion.
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
Your suggestion is of course very welcome. Accommodations is a very non-binary choice compared to the presence of food, fuel, disabled access etc, so I would be curious as to how you'd see such a feature working. After that, it's down to other customers to weigh in with their support or ideas here so we can gauge the interest.
ArnaudC
A
Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)
I don't mind looking for accomodations by hand, but I'd really like to have a field for workshops. So next time my vacuum pump gives up when I am the furthest away from home, I can easily find where to get it fixed.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search