Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Feature Requests: ETE Pilot Log + wind strenght in kt and other speeds in km/h + street address in...

Feature Requests: ETE Pilot Log + wind strenght in kt and other speeds...
Author
k
Too Much Forum (240 reputation)Too Much Forum (240 reputation)Too Much Forum (240 reputation)Too Much Forum (240 reputation)Too Much Forum (240 reputation)Too Much Forum (240 reputation)Too Much Forum (240 reputation)Too Much Forum (240 reputation)Too Much Forum (240 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi SkyDemon team,

I fly since many years with SD and I still missing 3 little things at the moment in your great software:

1. ETE in LIVE PLOG:
Sometimes in a flight the FIS want's to know the time until one or more specific waypoints in the route will be reached/overflown. The next waypoint is easy to report via the menu on the top (DST NXT + ETE NXT). But the 2nd, 3rd waypoint (and so on) is not easy to say from the actual position. Therefore it would be great, if the LIVE PLOG (in flight) could show also the (updated) ETE (and perhaps DST) from the actual position of the plane to the specific waypoint (similiar to the ETA/ATA column). At the moment I have to "calculate/estimate" the minutes via my brain out of the ETA from the LIVE-PLOG (not easy sometimes). And I know...this information is already there, because as a workaround I can tap near the next waypoint in the moving map and it shows the estimated "Dist + Time". But this workaround with the map tipping is not easy to handle, because:
- sometimes you have to scroll therfore in the moving map
- you can't tap the waypoint itself on the route (because than the route is highlighted and not the information/time to the waypoint)
- you don't have the needed information on one page like you could have in the LIVE-PLOG

2. Wind strenght in knots
At the moment you can change the speed units from knots (kt) to kilometres per hour (kmph). But it would be great, if you could change it independet from each other (speed and wind). In this case you could see the GS in km/h (or miles per hour (mph)) and the wind in knots.

3. Street address in flight
It happens more than once that I like to create a user-waypoint in the actual flight (address of a friend f.e.). But via the search menu you are not able to search for "street addresses" in flight. This is only possible at the ground in the planning menu. But why...if you have a working internet connection in flight it should be possible to search also other information the DB.

Best regards,
Kendy

Edited 8/7/2023 8:14:01 AM by knaumann
Sky Painter
Sky Painter
Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)
knaumann - 8/7/2023 8:00:52 AM
Hi SkyDemon team,

I fly since many years with SD and I still missing 3 little things at the moment in your great software:

1. ETE in LIVE PLOG:
Sometimes in a flight the FIS want's to know the time until one or more specific waypoints in the route will be reached/overflown. The next waypoint is easy to report via the menu on the top (DST NXT + ETE NXT). But the 2nd, 3rd waypoint (and so on) is not easy to say from the actual position. Therefore it would be great, if the LIVE PLOG (in flight) could show also the (updated) ETE (and perhaps DST) from the actual position of the plane to the specific waypoint (similiar to the ETA/ATA column). At the moment I have to "calculate/estimate" the minutes via my brain out of the ETA from the LIVE-PLOG (not easy sometimes). And I know...this information is already there, because as a workaround I can tap near the next waypoint in the moving map and it shows the estimated "Dist + Time". But this workaround with the map tipping is not easy to handle, because:
- you can't tap the waypoint itself on the route (because than the route is highlighted and not the information/time to the waypoint)
- you don't have the needed information on one page like you could have in the LIVE-PLOG

At the moment you can change the speed units from knots (kt) to kilometres per hour (kmph). But it would be great, if you could change it independet from each other (speed and wind). In this case you could see the GS in km/h (or miles per hour (mph)) and the wind in knots.

It happens more than once that I like to create a user-waypoint in the actual flight (address of a friend f.e.). But via the search menu you are not able to search for "street addresses" in flight. This is only possible at the ground in the planning menu. But why...if you have a working internet connection in flight it should be possible to search also other information the DB.

Best regards,
Kendy

ETE in Live Plog
You could try using the ruler function which would give you bearing To & From (True & Magnetic), Distance, ETE, Speed and Fuel Consumption. It works for me!

Mike
, SD 3.16.13.0

knaumann
k
Too Much Forum (240 reputation)Too Much Forum (240 reputation)Too Much Forum (240 reputation)Too Much Forum (240 reputation)Too Much Forum (240 reputation)Too Much Forum (240 reputation)Too Much Forum (240 reputation)Too Much Forum (240 reputation)Too Much Forum (240 reputation)
Sky Painter - 8/7/2023 11:01:23 AM
knaumann - 8/7/2023 8:00:52 AM
Hi SkyDemon team,

1. ETE in LIVE PLOG:

Best regards,
Kendy

ETE in Live Plog
You could try using the ruler function which would give you bearing To & From (True & Magnetic), Distance, ETE, Speed and Fuel Consumption. It works for me!

Hi Mike,

thank you for the second workaround with the "ruler function". I tried that in "simulation mode" and it works a litte bit better than my workaround with tapping. But I think especially in bad wheather conditions and for having a one-place-view for all ETE's the additional column in the "LIVE PLOG" would be the best menu/place.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search