Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Sky Deom and Firefox

Author
A
Too Much Forum (50 reputation)Too Much Forum (50 reputation)Too Much Forum (50 reputation)Too Much Forum (50 reputation)Too Much Forum (50 reputation)Too Much Forum (50 reputation)Too Much Forum (50 reputation)Too Much Forum (50 reputation)Too Much Forum (50 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I posted the note below on the Pilot Aware forum, but was told its and issue with Firefox. Any ideas please?
PAW is linked to Sky Demon on a iPad Mini 4 and I also have Firefox on the tablet. If I'm using SD for navigation and then switch to the browser on 192.168.1.1 to check out METAR, radar view etc. when I go back to Sky Demon, it says connection lost. It then re-connects but interrupts the recorded data such as the recorded final route data of the trip etc.
The iPad has the SD app in the background when switching.

Any ideas please - -Thanks in advance - Chris

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
iOS apps are suspended by the operating system when you switch away from them to another app. It's impossible for SkyDemon to maintain connectivity with your PilotAware when it's suspended.

There are a few exceptions to this - for example, we can continue to use Apple's own location services in the background - but no such service exists for us to maintain connectivity to another network device.

Altomar718
A
Too Much Forum (50 reputation)Too Much Forum (50 reputation)Too Much Forum (50 reputation)Too Much Forum (50 reputation)Too Much Forum (50 reputation)Too Much Forum (50 reputation)Too Much Forum (50 reputation)Too Much Forum (50 reputation)Too Much Forum (50 reputation)
Tim Dawson - 7/25/2023 8:58:47 AM
iOS apps are suspended by the operating system when you switch away from them to another app. It's impossible for SkyDemon to maintain connectivity with your PilotAware when it's suspended.

There are a few exceptions to this - for example, we can continue to use Apple's own location services in the background - but no such service exists for us to maintain connectivity to another network device.

Thanks Tim - Explained it perfectly

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search