Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

LARS Boundaries

Author
Bealeyman
Too Much Forum (522 reputation)Too Much Forum (522 reputation)Too Much Forum (522 reputation)Too Much Forum (522 reputation)Too Much Forum (522 reputation)Too Much Forum (522 reputation)Too Much Forum (522 reputation)Too Much Forum (522 reputation)Too Much Forum (522 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Would it be possible to show the LARS boundaries on request like the geographical limit for NOTAMs ie a temporary dotted outline? Ie a button somewhere with Lars units in the area which when pressed would give the relevant boundary?

Yesterday when I was flying to Sywell through the Farnborough overhead, Lars West subsequently handed me over to Lars North at Stokenchurch which had I had a better mental image of the area I would have known it was basically a waste of my time, and the Lars North desk. The Lars North desk gave me a basic service and never even asked me to call him at a certain geographical point so that he might throw me off. Instead iafter a while, miles outside his area, I realised I could not hear him very well and so asked to freecall enroute.

My fault of course I should have thought about the contingencies before hand but maybe you can help me out Tim.
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
You can see LARS boundaries in flight, by tapping on the entry in the Radio tab. This will show the temporary dotted outline you alluded to. You can give it a try with the Simulate function.
Bealeyman
Bealeyman
Too Much Forum (522 reputation)Too Much Forum (522 reputation)Too Much Forum (522 reputation)Too Much Forum (522 reputation)Too Much Forum (522 reputation)Too Much Forum (522 reputation)Too Much Forum (522 reputation)Too Much Forum (522 reputation)Too Much Forum (522 reputation)
Many thanks for your reply solving my problem.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search