Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Slow processing at large zoom (Desktop)

Author
m
Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Lately I have noticed that the PC version (3.16.7.0)  runs very slowly with large zooms (e.g. when I want to recognise the runway number at an airfield). The task manager shows CPU loads of about 25-30% for Skydemon. It can take several seconds for it to regenerate.
Have others of you also noticed this?
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
Is this in a specific geographical area? Sometimes this happens with very large NOTAMs that we are trying to draw on the map. Turning off Graphical NOTAMs (temporarily) may resolve the issue.
macfrei
m
Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)
macfrei - 5/4/2023 8:16:05 AM
Lately I have noticed that the PC version (3.16.7.0)  runs very slowly with large zooms (e.g. when I want to recognise the runway number at an airfield). The task manager shows CPU loads of about 25-30% for Skydemon. It can take several seconds for it to regenerate.
Have others of you also noticed this?

Hi Tim
Tanks for your support. Disabeling NOTAM's "Show on Map" has solved the problem. Deep-in zooming is now as fast as on iPad.
This means that it is not yet the solution to the problem, but rather a "workaround". Maybe you can find a way to make it more dynamic despite the graphical NOTAMs Wink that would be great!

Edited 5/4/2023 7:40:00 PM by macfrei
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search