Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Unable to merge logs when flights start and stop at same place

Author
grahamb
Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Today I flew for half an hour or so locally, landed, back-tracked and took off for another circuit. From a legal and logging perpective it was a single flight. Skydemon records it as two seperate logs.

It like to merge them, and when I do that SkyDemon appears to create a single log file, but won't save it as a new log as the name it uses exists already. I can see why, but is there a way this could be resolved?

acteck
a
Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)
grahamb - 3/2/2023 6:52:31 PM
Today I flew for half an hour or so locally, landed, back-tracked and took off for another circuit. From a legal and logging perpective it was a single flight. Skydemon records it as two seperate logs.

It like to merge them, and when I do that SkyDemon appears to create a single log file, but won't save it as a new log as the name it uses exists already. I can see why, but is there a way this could be resolved?

I can affirm, it does not work and there is no way to change the name of the log file.
I have the problem, that the broken parts are shown in the list of logs (CTRL-L), I open the first part and want to merge another part. A windows opens with the folder for the logs on windows but there are no other logs. Only if I open manualy the other parts and close them, they are as files in the log folder. But then open the first part again and merge, there is this error with existing file. Can anyone help me. Perhaps I make some errors?

grahamb
grahamb
Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)
acteck - 3/3/2023 7:56:54 AM
grahamb - 3/2/2023 6:52:31 PM

I can affirm, it does not work and there is no way to change the name of the log file.
I have the problem, that the broken parts are shown in the list of logs (CTRL-L), I open the first part and want to merge another part. A windows opens with the folder for the logs on windows but there are no other logs. Only if I open manualy the other parts and close them, they are as files in the log folder. But then open the first part again and merge, there is this error with existing file. Can anyone help me. Perhaps I make some errors?

There is a work around, but it requires careful renaming of the logs saved locally on a Windows machine, merging them within SD, and then deleting the ones you you no longer wish to keep and resynching with the cloud. Clunky, and it would be much better if the app allowed a cleaner way. 

This is also relevant for those who like to use logs to create their logbook entries.

Edited 3/3/2023 12:32:42 PM by grahamb
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search