Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Renaming city name

Author
R
Too Much Forum (118 reputation)Too Much Forum (118 reputation)Too Much Forum (118 reputation)Too Much Forum (118 reputation)Too Much Forum (118 reputation)Too Much Forum (118 reputation)Too Much Forum (118 reputation)Too Much Forum (118 reputation)Too Much Forum (118 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Just a question, are the geographical charts owned/maintained/can be changed by SD? In that case I want to suggest a city name change as it does not reflect the (main) city name, it is just a suburb
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
We license that data from a third party. If you think a name is wrong, though, we can of course feed this back to them.
Richard Branderhorst
R
Too Much Forum (118 reputation)Too Much Forum (118 reputation)Too Much Forum (118 reputation)Too Much Forum (118 reputation)Too Much Forum (118 reputation)Too Much Forum (118 reputation)Too Much Forum (118 reputation)Too Much Forum (118 reputation)Too Much Forum (118 reputation)
Tom, here is what I mean:

Follow the line from Teuge airport (EHTE) SE to the end, the city is called "Zutphen" here on GE pro. Which is the general reference name for the city.
In the SD charts it is called "Warnsveld". Which is the name of the small village which was absorbed into Zutphen, long time ago and now it has become a suburb of Zutphen. See how "Zutphen" is divided into neighbourhoods/suburbs, but all are part of the main city, Zutphen:

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
I see what you mean. I've looked into this, and unfortunately this is just the result of the algorithm we use to decide which towns are visible at which zoom levels. I can see that it isn't ideal but in general the algorithm serves us well. Next time it's updated, we will hopefully be able to resolve the occasional undesirable result like this one.
Richard Branderhorst
R
Tks Tim, for the effort, we will see what happens.
Richard

Richard Branderhorst
R
Tks, I just saw it's been updated! Tks Zutphen iso Warnsveld 
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search