Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

SkyDemon Config File

Author
F
Forum Member (26 reputation)Forum Member (26 reputation)Forum Member (26 reputation)Forum Member (26 reputation)Forum Member (26 reputation)Forum Member (26 reputation)Forum Member (26 reputation)Forum Member (26 reputation)Forum Member (26 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
As someone who uses SD on multiple devices (as I suspect most people do), I've been caught out in the past by having SD configured slightly differently on each device.

Would it be possible to have the facility to download a config file which could then be applied to other installations. Students, and other new SD users often appear with some "unusual" user selections, and being able to share a config file would be helpful (to me at least...)

Adam Erchegyi
Adam Erchegyi
Too Much Forum (381 reputation)Too Much Forum (381 reputation)Too Much Forum (381 reputation)Too Much Forum (381 reputation)Too Much Forum (381 reputation)Too Much Forum (381 reputation)Too Much Forum (381 reputation)Too Much Forum (381 reputation)Too Much Forum (381 reputation)
F70100 - 2/23/2023 11:55:24 AM
As someone who uses SD on multiple devices (as I suspect most people do), I've been caught out in the past by having SD configured slightly differently on each device.

Would it be possible to have the facility to download a config file which could then be applied to other installations. Students, and other new SD users often appear with some "unusual" user selections, and being able to share a config file would be helpful (to me at least...)

you can save your own settings to the cloud. 'students and other new SD users' should be fine with the defaults...?

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (618K reputation)SkyDemon Team (618K reputation)SkyDemon Team (618K reputation)SkyDemon Team (618K reputation)SkyDemon Team (618K reputation)SkyDemon Team (618K reputation)SkyDemon Team (618K reputation)SkyDemon Team (618K reputation)SkyDemon Team (618K reputation)
This is exactly what saving and loading your settings to and from the cloud is for. You'll find it under the Setup menu.
grahamb
grahamb
Too Much Forum (4.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.4K reputation)
Tim Dawson - 2/24/2023 10:00:25 AM
This is exactly what saving and loading your settings to and from the cloud is for. You'll find it under the Setup menu.

I think the OP is looking for a feature which allows sharing of settings with other users with a different account.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search