Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Associated map options in aerial photography

Author
hairgonejohn
Too Much Forum (271 reputation)Too Much Forum (271 reputation)Too Much Forum (271 reputation)Too Much Forum (271 reputation)Too Much Forum (271 reputation)Too Much Forum (271 reputation)Too Much Forum (271 reputation)Too Much Forum (271 reputation)Too Much Forum (271 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi
If I pull up aerial photography of an airfield using an Androoid device a layers symbol appears on at the top RHS.  If I click on that and select "view in maps app" then a number of apps that I have on my device pop up such as Alpine Quest, Uber, Zoom etc.

This is very useful as I can then go straight to the OS map for the area using Alpine Quest and find footpaths etc.  I am puzzled though as to the criteria by which the apps that appear are selected, whether they are selected by Syydemon or Google maps/earth and how I might add a further mapping app to the options.

So, is there a list somewhere on my device and can it be edited?

Thanks

Adam Erchegyi
Adam Erchegyi
Too Much Forum (428 reputation)Too Much Forum (428 reputation)Too Much Forum (428 reputation)Too Much Forum (428 reputation)Too Much Forum (428 reputation)Too Much Forum (428 reputation)Too Much Forum (428 reputation)Too Much Forum (428 reputation)Too Much Forum (428 reputation)
hairgonejohn - 2/13/2023 9:17:34 AM
Hi
If I pull up aerial photography of an airfield using an Androoid device a layers symbol appears on at the top RHS.  If I click on that and select "view in maps app" then a number of apps that I have on my device pop up such as Alpine Quest, Uber, Zoom etc.

This is very useful as I can then go straight to the OS map for the area using Alpine Quest and find footpaths etc.  I am puzzled though as to the criteria by which the apps that appear are selected, whether they are selected by Syydemon or Google maps/earth and how I might add a further mapping app to the options.

So, is there a list somewhere on my device and can it be edited?

Thanks

I'm not so familiar with Android app development, but I would assume this depends on the apps you have on your device, more specifically if they claim to be able to open geolocations. I'm afraid you cannot edit the list but set a single app as default.

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
Yes, this is controlled by the operating system, and (I think) is simply a list of apps that claim to be able to handle URLs describing a location.
hairgonejohn
hairgonejohn
Too Much Forum (271 reputation)Too Much Forum (271 reputation)Too Much Forum (271 reputation)Too Much Forum (271 reputation)Too Much Forum (271 reputation)Too Much Forum (271 reputation)Too Much Forum (271 reputation)Too Much Forum (271 reputation)Too Much Forum (271 reputation)
Thanks.
Interestingly Alpine Quest and MMtracker are very similar apps for running OS maps but one shows up and not the other,

buzz53
buzz53
Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)
I suspect John and I may be the only users of the MMTracker/Skydemon combo but thought I should report back the outcome anyway. The developer of MMTracker has updated his app to handle GeoURIs and it now integrates perfectly with Skydemon. This should appear in MMTracker V1.25 which is not yet released but I have the Beta if anybody feels an urgent need.

Alan

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search